Arrived in Whitehorse Aug 28 around 245pm and went to check in. Emily who was efficient but not very personable informed the room I had reserved was not ready and we could go through the pre - checkin. I did and left to return 30 minutes later and the room was still not ready. Another young lady whose name I did not catch began assisting me and acted like she new the room was still not available so she made a best effort and called housekeeping to verify the room was still not ready. She then asked if I would like a free drink in the saloon while I waited and I declined but asked if the rate could be adjusted since I would be checking out before or at six.
She then checked with a person in the office who declined a price reduction but offered bonus points if I was a BW member or did I want to sign up. Long story short, no adjustment for the wait so I cancelled and went to a different establishment.
Unfortunately for this hotel, I wasn't the only one waiting in the lobby for a room.
Poor customer service as far as I'm concerned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Gold Rush Inn is the premier family and business-oriented hotel in Whitehorse. Having undergone extensive renovations to the cost of several million dollars, the rooms are spacious and modern. All rooms include wireless high-speed internet, microwave, mini-fridge, flat screen television, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Best Western, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Gold Rush Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Gold Rush Hotel Whitehorse
- Best Western Whitehorse
- Whitehorse Best Western
- Best Western Gold Rush Inn Whitehorse, Yukon