“Booked, Disappointed, Canceled”

Best Western Gold Rush Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Whitehorse
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Arrived in Whitehorse Aug 28 around 245pm and went to check in. Emily who was efficient but not very personable informed the room I had reserved was not ready and we could go through the pre - checkin. I did and left to return 30 minutes later and the room was still not ready. Another young lady whose name I did not catch began assisting me and acted like she new the room was still not available so she made a best effort and called housekeeping to verify the room was still not ready. She then asked if I would like a free drink in the saloon while I waited and I declined but asked if the rate could be adjusted since I would be checking out before or at six.

She then checked with a person in the office who declined a price reduction but offered bonus points if I was a BW member or did I want to sign up. Long story short, no adjustment for the wait so I cancelled and went to a different establishment.

Unfortunately for this hotel, I wasn't the only one waiting in the lobby for a room.

Poor customer service as far as I'm concerned.

Room Tip: Call ahead to confirm your room the day of stay or you may be waiting.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Jacqui C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gold Rush Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Mike M
Thank you for taking your time to review our property. I am sorry to hear that your expectations during your recent visit to Whitehorse were not met.
Due to a very busy summer our hotel has been extremely full the past few weeks, with a full hotel checking out, and back in again. On your day of arrival our housekeeping team were working hard to get all 99 rooms ready for our check in time of 3pm. Unfortunately due to the busy day some rooms were delayed.
We did offer complimentary drinks during your wait, the points were offered as a gesture of good will due to the inconvenience that was caused. Due to the reservation being booked by a third party we were unable to change the rates on your reservation at this time.

I would like for you to visit the Best Western Gold Rush Inn again, it would be a pleasure for us to show you the guest services that we continuously strive to succeed for with all of our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly where I would be more than happy to assist you in making reservations and ensure that your stay goes smoothly should you choose to return to Whitehorse.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We had a wonderful stay at the Gold Rush Best Western! Summer was super helping us check in and getting us up to speed with our rewards. We were pleasantly surprised about the current promotion. Wonderful room- we slept very well. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review Kathymc1973
It is great to hear that Summer was able to help you get up to speed on the rewards program and the fantastic new promotion that Best Western are currently offering.
I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Stayed two nights and heard and felt the bar music from 7:30 to 10:30. Desk offered ear plugs. Room was clean, beds comfortable, nice bathroom. Walking distance of good restaurants. Had Wifi, Tv, coffee,

Room Tip: On front but noisy due to live music in bar. I was with a group and had no choice in accommodation.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Jacqui C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gold Rush Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Siouxtex
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Gold Rush Inn during your recent stay with us.
We do have live music on Friday nights, we are currently looking into other ways to mitigate the noise issue that can sometimes be heard in the above rooms.
We hope that this will not deter you from staying at our hotel again, and we look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

The service was superb. The room is large and well furnished. We were on the fourth floor, room 430 overlooking Main Street. A large TV screen and a very adequate bathroom. Do not be fooled by the external appearance of the hotel as it is clean inside. At the counter we felt that the service was run by student trainees, but they did their job very well. We stayed twice a few days apart and without asking we got the same room, which was very much appreciated. We recommend it to tourists visiting Whitehorse. Definitely we will go back there on our next visit to the Yukon.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Jacqui C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gold Rush Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Ernestm317
Thank you for reviewing our property. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us .
We are currently undergoing several renovation to our property. Currently we are just finishing up residing the exterior of our property as well as installing new AC & Heating units in to our guest rooms. We are excited to say that we have recently hired new employees to our guest services team, and we we look forward to have a fulled experience team look after all of our guest needs.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Hotel staff were very helpful. The restaurant/bar had a good menu with tasty food. Breakfast was not included with my stay. The room was clean and nicely appointed. The in-wall air conditioner was completely blocked when the drapes are closed and therefore was almost useless during the night and morning to keep the room cool. Water pressure and water temperature were good, but the shower head was so bad you might as well be standing under a restricted garden hose. at $160 US a night I expected more.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jacqui C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gold Rush Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you for taking your time to review our property Ted B.
We encourage all of our guests to provide feedback after there stay as this helps to improve on our product and overall service. Your feedback will be passed on to relevant managers. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Whitehorse has a real frontier feel to it and your expectations generally need to be adjusted accordingly, no adjustment is necessary for this hotel! Reception staff were awesome, I watched them deal with the most impossible group of tourists who were harassing the staff with a litany of nonsensical issues and the staff never lost their cool, courteous to a fault. In spite of not having a reservation and Whitehorse being sold out on a busy summer weekend, Remi (kind reception lady) worked magic to find me a room. The hotel is absolutely charming and the rooms are delightful, comfortable, modern and clean. The experience was sublime and we thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Jacqui C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gold Rush Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear SkypeDaddy

Thank you for your kind words about the Best Western Gold Rush Inn. We are happy to hear that the superior services that we strive for with all of our guests is showing.
Remi is an exceptional, valuable, hardworking, & kind member of our team and we are very lucky to have her working for our company. Your feedback will be passed on to Remi & our management team.
We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

The Staff was amazing and consistently went above and beyond. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Not the fanciest place I have ever stayed at but with the staff and the location, it was really was a great part of my trip.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking your time to review the Best Western Gold Rush Inn. We do strive to be attentive to all of our guests and we look to provide everyone with superior service.
We hope you enjoyed the Whitehorse area, and that you will visit again very soon.