“Northern Tales Rocks! The Aurora - Breath-taking!”

Aurora Borealis & Northern Lights Tours Yukon
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Northern Tales Travel Services, your one-stop shopping spot for year-round adventure in the Yukon! In winter, enjoy an aurora borealis viewing package with optional winter activities such as dog mushing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, ice fishing, sightseeing flights and special events. Summer experiences include hiking the Chilkoot Trail, canoeing remote rivers reachable only by float-plane, fishing on the Big Salmon River, trekking past glaciers in Kluane National Park, and much more! Ask about custom, individual and private trips by foot, boat or van.
Chicago, Illinois
“Northern Tales Rocks! The Aurora - Breath-taking!”
Reviewed 13 March 2017

I explored the cozy town of Whitehorse in the Yukon Territory for the first time at the end of February/beginning of March. The adventures were unsurpassable and the Northern Tales folks are delightful, professional, and truly ambassadors of the nature they partake in and share with those of us who are passing through.

The NT tour guides shared in the enthusiasm of their guests - I experienced two nights in a row of wonderful Aurora borealis viewing, despite cloudy skies earlier during both evenings. I especially appreciated partaking of making "maple syrup frozen pops", a treat that you may experience if fortunate to have Tom as your guide. The winter weather gear, which is optional, is highly recommended and kept me quite warm and comfortable.

The Wildlife Preserve/Hot Spring tour was exceptional, too. What a wonderful way to end the day, soaking in the comforting liquid warmth as snow glistened all around.

My last night with the Aurora was in the canvas dwelling, formerly the Caribou tent which has since been retired. This was fantastic! My campfire had been started for me by the grounds host, who is also lovely and provides a scrumptious breakfast. I laid by the fire, in the snow, perfectly content, warm and taking in the colorful explosions above. At about 4 a.m., I retired to the dwelling, which has a wood-fueled stove, and feel blissfully asleep. (For a few hours...)

The 506 All Day Grill, just down the street from the Best Western, was a wonderful eatery to re-fuel for my explorations. I came to know the staff, who were delightfully interested in my daily and nightly excursions. I became a 'regular' at the 506 that week.

I recommend bringing head lamps or a small flashlight as well as a product such as Toasti Toes or Hot Hands, which I placed in my boots.

Thank you, Northern Tales and the town of Whitehorse, for a phenomenal adventure!!
Hope to return very soon!

Visited March 2017

Strathroy, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful Trip!”
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Just returned home from a wonderful visit to the Yukon - and what made it wonderful was the service from the whole team at Northern Tales! Every part of my trip was perfectly arranged and very enjoyable - from the stay in Whitehorse, to the Northern Lights viewing - everything was amazing! I will definitely be in touch with them for my next trip to the Yukon!!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceeded all my expectations”
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Every detail was planned and executed to perfection. Top notch customer service with rapid responses to questions. Friendly and knowledgeable office staff and guides.

An amazing aurora display on our first night at Whitehorse. The guides helped us set up our camera settings for the best photos and also had tripods available for use. I only had a point and shoot camera, but the guides took photos of everyone.

I loved the enthusiasm and passion demonstrated by the guides. They reacted to the auroral display with the same thrill as the visitors witnessing it for the first time. They obviously love the Yukon and enjoy sharing their experiences with others. Their photos are available for viewing/downloading on Flickr.

We spent 2 wonderful nights at the Cozy Cabin. What a lovely place to get away from the bustle of city life. We stayed at the Northern Lights cabin, which was well equipped with a refrig, stove and wood burning heater. We booked the snow shoe and snow mobile tours. It was our first time for both activities and our guides (James and Scott) were very patient. They set a pace we could manage and put our safety and comfort as first priority.

I wish I had spent more time in Whitehorse and the Fox Bay Retreat (Cozy Cabin). Would like to return and bring all my friends and family!

Highly recommend Northern Tales.

1 Thank Charlotte W
Mexico City, Mexico
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don´t look anymore”
Reviewed 2 March 2017

I went there for the very first time and with no high expectations for aurora viewing since I know is a gambling.
Northern Tales made my trip , they pay atenttion on details and are so well informed, they´re lovely, kind, professional and I highly recommend this company.
Don´t look for more

Dundas, Ontario, Canada
“Incredible Experience thanks to Northern Tales”
Reviewed 28 February 2017

The trip to the Yukon with Northern Tales was truly incredible. I can't thank them enough for the absolute fabulous experience. I have always wanted to do a trip like this and it is my 50th this year, so I figured I would go for it. I am so grateful I did...Northern Tales is an amazing tour company, they are all so helpful, knowledgeable, patient and skilled at everything they do. Their kindness was truly amazing. Every little thing was thoroughly thought out from start to finish, the tour itself was planned perfectly, the treats that were provided while seeing the lights were awesome, the clothing we rented did the trick and kept us warm, the option to see the lights each night of our trip was incredible, in fact that was the best thing about the trip. I have to tell you if I could see the lights daily I would be so happy. They truly are incredible and I would recommend a trip like this to everyone. It was beyond my wildest dreams. Thank you Northern Tales, you are truly LARGER THAN LIFE! xo