“Very popular for a reason”
Review of Burnt Toast Cafe

Burnt Toast Cafe
Ranked #5 of 109 Restaurants in Whitehorse
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Cafe has a page on Facebooki.
Armstrong, Canada
“Very popular for a reason”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Trendy little place on 2nd Ave just off main St. Food is excellent and not your normal fare. Service is great and prices are very reasonable . Extremely busy at lunch hour , come early or you will have trouble getting a seat .

Whitehorse, Yukon
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

My wife and I went for brunch on Saturday around 1:15. The restaurant was busy but not full. We had to wait for about 10 minutes before a server noticed that we had arrived, and brought us a menu and left. She did not offer to bring us a drink. She returned about five minutes later to take our order. My wife ordered the special (it was written on a chalk board). After a few minutes the server returned to tell her that there was no more Hollandaise sauce (so why not remove the special from the board?), so my wife ordered another dish. Her food arrived in about 10 minutes with an apology for the wait(?), and a comment that my food would be out very shortly. After a further 10 minutes my food arrived.....no apology, no acknowledgement of the unacceptable delay.
The food was good, but unless the service improves this restaurant is doomed. There are other acceptable choices in Whitehorse for breakfast/lunch. We live in Yukon, so we will have the opportunity to go back, but I doubt that we will.

• Visited November 2012
Victoria, Canada
“The Elvis Sandwich”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Peanut butter, bacon and banana - say no more. very creative menu and fresh ingredients made this a neat lunch stop for us during a recent Yukon trip.

Whitehorse, Yukon
“Inconsistent food and service - sometimes not clean”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Have eaten here twice - inconsistent service - was good once but very poor the second time. The food was fairly good but not as excellent as we had heard it would be. The table was actually very dirty on the second visit and we have not been back since then.

Visited June 2012
YUKON
“FILTY”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Finally, after our friends have sold the business, we decided to try lunch.
We walked in and no one really cared, so we sat down to a filthy table, floor and window ledge. I went to the restroom and it smelled of urine (i should have suggested we leave) but we stayed. I ordered the Rueben, but without meat, it arrived with cooked cabbage and not sauerkraut. the presentation was not very good, so I did my best to eat a few bites and we left...............

1 Thank YukonJohann