Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Larkin is a champion! I'm sure the rest of the Up North Adventures team are awesome too.

I have to start with Larkin (I really hope I spelt her name right) is an absolute champion!!. Views... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Helen F
A must for dog lovers

If you love dogs, dog mushing is a must. Dogs are amazingly friendly and eager to work. We were... read more

Reviewed March 23, 2024
Billy J
Sydney, Australia

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Whitehorse
from C$250.00
from C$156.45
from C$859.95
from C$2,329.95
More Info
All reviews snowmobile tour fish lake ice fishing guide mark cookies and hot chocolate life jackets rental gear warm gear exhilarating experience day trip wind river snow mobiles awesome guide dog sledding northern lights kieran canoe
Selected filters
Reviewed February 5, 2023

AMAZING! we did dog sledding with this company (booked through arctic range adventures) and I was sooooo impressed.. Total was 4 hrs as we got to ride with the dogs for 1.5-2 hrs. Everyone had to drive their own muktuk and that was an amazing experience. Each got 4 dogs and clothing was included. Our tour guide was french and he made the experience comfortable and fun. We rode on the lake as well as in the forest. We went on a really sunny day and our guide said we were very lucky cause the view was beautiful. He even took pics for us half way through and made sure we were safe and always checked up on us.

I highly recommend renting with this company.

Date of experience: February 2023
Reviewed January 17, 2023

We had an amazing time snowmobiling with Up North! They take their time to prep and explain everything, which was great especially for beginners like us. It was a unique experience and loved that it was a small group of about 11 people total. I would definitely book with them again.

Date of experience: January 2023
Reviewed January 4, 2023 via mobile

We had the most amazing snow mobile experience today.
Most eople of our group had never been on a snow mobile. Guide Felix explained everything very well and with a lot of patience.
After a couple of minutes everybody felt comfortable driving. We saw beautiful sights, crossed Fish lake, met a dod sledding party, drove up to a plateau overlooking the lake (cookies and hot chocolate) and visited a creek. Lots of opportunities to go real fast.
The snow mobiles were in perfect condition, the rental gear was clean and fit well.
Felix is a very knowledgeable guide. He also checked on us constantly during the tour.
By far my favorite snow mobile tour ever. Thank you!

Date of experience: January 2023
Reviewed December 26, 2022

What can I say? Dec 2022 is one for the record books. Flight delays and cancellations across Canada meant my trip from YVR to Whitehorse was affected as well. Greg and team we’re understanding and rescheduled my snowmobiling and Aurora viewing tours to fit my shortened vacation schedule. I know this was an unprecedented season, and I truly appreciate that the team is sympathetic and flexible. The snowmobiling tour was a blast (even in -35 degrees temp), and the Aurora Borealis danced before our eyes that night!

Date of experience: December 2022
Reviewed September 12, 2022

My husband and I, along with another couple from Germany, booked a private guided canoe (and hiking) trip on the Wind River (and Peel River) in the northern Yukon for 13 days in late July and early August 2022. Up North staff and the owner (Mark) were excellent to work with in planning and preparing for the trip. They provided all the equipment (canoes, paddles, life jackets, safety gear, all kitchen supplies, tents, toilet supplies, etc.), along with two guides. They provided the shuttle to and from Mayo and arranged for the float planes to fly us to and from the river (the shuttle and float plane rides were included in the cost). They did an excellent job preparing us for the trip by providing a detailed list of what we needed to bring in terms of clothing and personal items (e.g., insect repellent, etc.) Had we wanted, they would have booked hotels for us and picked us up from the airport. While we were original slated to have one guide with us, in the end two joined us at no extra cost to us.

Our guides did all the work of setting up, cooking, etc. They did an excellent job of getting us safely down the rivers, preparing delicious meals that worked around food allergies, suggesting the best places to hike and escorting us on the hikes to ensure we were safe at all times, finding good campsites, teaching us to fish, providing hot water for sponge baths, providing information about the wildlife (like the lone wolf that wandered into our camp one evening), regaling us with entertaining tales, etc. Because it was a private trip and we were good paddlers, we were able to spend 5.5 days (rather than the two scheduled days) hiking in the beautiful mountains surrounding us. It was an incredible experience.

I would definitely use their services again, no matter how small or large the expedition, e.g., renting a canoe, paddles, life jackets, and safety gear for a day trip.

Date of experience: July 2022