Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
A Must Do In Whitehorse!

Wow! I don’t know where to start, this museum is exceptional and covers the full gambit of... read more

Reviewed November 9, 2020
sbigger09
Abbotsford, Canada
via mobile
Welcome to comeback era of trains trucks and autos

Has any one ever herd of andy hooper well we have and we seen his beloved truck he only drove u... read more

Reviewed August 21, 2020
Marie J
Rock Creek, Canada

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Whitehorse
from US$108.83
from US$572.82
from US$164.81
More Info
All reviews weather vane alaska highway bush pilots buy a combo ticket dc weather local artifacts entry fee a small gift shop great collection lots of history gold rush dc3 exhibits hanger cars army yukon
Selected filters
Reviewed February 9, 2020

We've been driving the Alaska Highway to the Yukon for over 20 years and decided to do the museums in Whitehorse. This museum is great. What a huge collection of transportation in the Yukon. We learned so much--about bush pilots, hiking up the Chilcoot Trail during the Gold Rush, and about the building of the Alaska Highway. All methods of transportation--dog sled to planes including the Queen of the Yukon, river boats, trains, and trucks to vehicles special to the North's snow with big tires or treads. I liked the Main Street recreation. Did I mention my photo of my husband, a farm boy from PA, standing beside an old tractor? We spent a lot of time here and probably didn't see everything.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed February 2, 2020 via mobile

Really wanted to visit this museum whilst in Whitehorse.
Went Sat and it was closed due to an event (nothing to indicate on the website). Went Sun and the woman at the counter tried to process a payment but said their machine was down.

We indicated that it was a pre-departure stop as the airport was right next door

She just mentioned it was cash only. Given in general that people don't often carry cash, there wasn't an atm nearby and you can't purchase tickets online. She just suggested that we buy a Beringia combo ticket next door.
A reasonable person would probably suggest we look around regardless for 45min and we would go away thinking that the service was exceptional. Unfortunately not!

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed November 25, 2019

A great collection on the history of transportation through this rugged landscape. I could've used more descriptions on the displays, as I wasn't sure what I was looking at half the time in the hangar and especially outside, where there was no labels or signage on any of the artifacts displayed, so while neat looking, I had no idea why they were significant.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed October 13, 2019

This museum tell the story of travel in the Yukon dating back to the river boats, railroads and the Alcan Highway.
Lots of interesting exhibits and displays.
We spent about an hour and a half reading most of the displays materials
And the old DC3 weather vane outside is just amazing

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed October 13, 2019

DC3/C47 on a stick what an entry the $10 entry is well worth it plenty of intresting stuff and lots to see great way to spend a half day or more

Date of experience: April 2019