Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Welcome to comeback era of trains trucks and autos

Reviewed August 21, 2020
Marie J
Rock Creek, Canada
Awesome space for family to experience

Reviewed February 29, 2020
Warren P
Yukon, Canada

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Whitehorse
from US$108.82
from US$572.79
from US$164.80
More Info
All reviews weather vane alaska highway bush pilots buy a combo ticket dc weather local artifacts entry fee a small gift shop great collection lots of history gold rush dc3 exhibits hanger cars army yukon
Selected filters
Reviewed August 21, 2020

Has any one ever herd of andy hooper well we have and we seen his beloved truck he only drove u til his death in 1991 . The locals use to bet mad at him as his truck could only go 25 mph on the roads. Ut that did not stop him . He could not join the army but the army allowed him to use the truck for deliveries etc . It was donated here and now is being restored and at stabilized. . They also have older buses, planes and cars of olden days gone by , lots of artifacts etc inside and out .

Date of experience: August 2020
Reviewed February 29, 2020

My children love the transportation museum. There is a play area for your get children to play and read books. There is a miniature train replica of old Whitehorse that my children love to watch while it circles an actual locomotive. Best value for money!
In the winter it’s open 12-5pm Saturday Sunday Monday.

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed February 9, 2020

We've been driving the Alaska Highway to the Yukon for over 20 years and decided to do the museums in Whitehorse. This museum is great. What a huge collection of transportation in the Yukon. We learned so much--about bush pilots, hiking up the Chilcoot Trail during the Gold Rush, and about the building of the Alaska Highway. All methods of transportation--dog sled to planes including the Queen of the Yukon, river boats, trains, and trucks to vehicles special to the North's snow with big tires or treads. I liked the Main Street recreation. Did I mention my photo of my husband, a farm boy from PA, standing beside an old tractor? We spent a lot of time here and probably didn't see everything.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed February 2, 2020 via mobile

Really wanted to visit this museum whilst in Whitehorse.
Went Sat and it was closed due to an event (nothing to indicate on the website). Went Sun and the woman at the counter tried to process a payment but said their machine was down.

We indicated that it was a pre-departure stop as the airport was right next door

She just mentioned it was cash only. Given in general that people don't often carry cash, there wasn't an atm nearby and you can't purchase tickets online. She just suggested that we buy a Beringia combo ticket next door.
A reasonable person would probably suggest we look around regardless for 45min and we would go away thinking that the service was exceptional. Unfortunately not!

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed November 25, 2019

A great collection on the history of transportation through this rugged landscape. I could've used more descriptions on the displays, as I wasn't sure what I was looking at half the time in the hangar and especially outside, where there was no labels or signage on any of the artifacts displayed, so while neat looking, I had no idea why they were significant.

Date of experience: November 2019