Review Highlights
funding the Aurora Borealus on a cloudy night

on a cloudy and snowy night with little chance of seeing the Northern lights we were very happy to... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Woiling W
via mobile
Unforgettable Adventure

The Glacier is breathtaking. Being in a small group is a luxury. We travelled through a wide... read more

Reviewed October 13, 2018
31toni

All reviews bald eagles canoe trip black beans dawson city max mountainside pikas grizzlies backpacking tombstone dehydrated birds skills landscape glacier canoeing sheep
Reviewed September 26, 2015

Terre Boreale designed a custom 3-day backpacking trip for us based on our schedule and our experience. We were impressed from the start by Max and Milena's professional and friendly communication as they designed our trip, and were looking forward to our hike. We never could have imagined the incredible adventure and amazing experience we would have! We were awed and inspired by our guide Max, who expertly guided us through wilderness, encouraged us with care and attention, nourished us with hearty food and snacks, and educated us on our surroundings. The incredible meals prepared by Max were remarkable, eaten al fresco overlooking glaciers, mountains, and valleys. This trip exceeded our wildest expectations! We Look forward to doing another trip with Terre Boreale, and highly recommend them to anyone looking to explore the Yukon.

Date of experience: July 2015
3  Thank Kate C
Reviewed July 29, 2015

I am so happy I hiked the famous Donjek route in Kluane National Park with Max as my guide. The Donjek is one of the most challenging hikes in the area, and I had it in my mind to hike it faster than the typical 8 to 10 days. Max did an amazing job mapping out a way to complete it in 7 days, with contingencies built just in case of course. And that even though we took the purist approach: hiking from and to the Alaska Highway, rather than driving up an old mining road for the first few kilometres on either side.

Max had prepared great home-made, dehydrated lunches and dinners that were super tasty and provided just the right amount of energy for our long hiking days.

This route features impressive scree descents, elevation gains of 1,000 m in a day, bushwhacking through thick brush (sometimes aided by game trails), and big creek crossings. We took care to stay safe and be mindful of the risks we took and manage them well. We both drew on considerable hiking experience in remote back country to accomplish this; and we worked well as a team.

Of course, long hiking days do come with long breaks in an extraordinary landscape. So, I never felt rushed even as we put in significant mileage each day.

I was also impressed by Max's excellent map reading and way-findings skills. We never had to back track, between the map and satellite GPS readings.

Having the opportunity to do this hike with Max - just Max and myself (!) - was truly remarkable. This week in the remote Kluane back country will stay with me for a long time to come.

Date of experience: June 2015
4  Thank ingap604
Reviewed November 6, 2014

In September 2014, I planned a spontaneous solo trip to Whitehorse, having never before visited the territory despite being Canadian. On my second to last day in the area, I booked a day-hiking trip to Kluane National Park with Max. We hiked up Sheep Mountain. That day was hands-down the best part of my week in the Yukon - hiking up a mountain, with no one else around but the two of us (aside from plentiful wildlife), surrounded by breath-taking views, learning about the flora and fauna throughout the day as Max was very informative and knowledgeable (and obviously loves the Yukon, nature, and conservation), enjoying a DELICIOUS picnic complete with granola bars, soup, gourmet chicken wraps, brownies - all homemade(!), and then "surfing" down a very steep slope of loose rock/gravel - a perfect day in every way! The only unpleasant part of the day was that it had to end. Nonetheless, it was still a pleasant drive back, and when we were nearly in Whitehorse, Max stopped to help a stranded motorist. Not that that has anything to do with the tour, but I just thought I'd mention it as I thought that was very kind of him.

I won't soon forget that day, and would not hesitate to recommend Terre Boréale to anyone. I hope one day to return myself and go on a longer journey into the backcountry with them!

Date of experience: September 2014
1  Thank DreamLiveExplore7
Reviewed October 4, 2014

If you’re looking for some adventure and wilderness, Yukon is the place to go! And if you need someone to organize and/or guide your trip, Terre Boréale is the agency to call!

Going on a trip with them is not just like going for a hike, it’s a lot more than that: both Max and Miléna are nature lovers, and they enjoy nothing more than sharing their common passion and their knowledge with their customers, enabling them to open their senses and discover things they wouldn’t have noticed otherwise.

I stayed in Whitehorse for almost one month in August 2014 and had the opportunity to go to Tombstone Territorial Park for some days with them. I learnt a lot of things and despite the bad weather, I had a great time there: interesting interpretive centre, spectacular landscape, fall colours everywhere, snow on mountain tops, a couple of grizzly bears (spotted by Max) gorging on berries, some sheep up on a mountainside... and icing on the cake, homemade food! So tasty I’ve been trying to reproduce some of their magic recipes since I got back home, especially the magic wrap (but haven’t managed to find the right balance between the various ingredients yet)!

They gave me a glimpse of Yukon, and I’m definitely willing to come back. Next year hopefully!

Date of experience: August 2014
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We visited Whitehorse mainly for work, but decided that once our work was done it would be a great opportunity to visit Kluane. We booked a dayhike with Max and enjoyed it thoroughly. Max was very knowledgeable, friendly, and accommodating of our level of preparedness. We did the Thunderegg Creek hike as the fall colours were starting to turn - it was just spectacular once the morning clouds lifted. Max spotted some sheep up on a mountainside and set up the scope for us to have a great view of them in their natural element, and also helped identify several bird and plant species. At our destination we enjoyed a delicious homemade lunch and snacks comprised of good quality ingredients overlooking a spectacular valley. On our return we stopped at the Interpretive Centre at Haines Junction, which is chock-full of interesting information and displays about the history of Kluane and area - highly worth it! I am already thinking and dreaming about a return to the Yukon next year to do a longer hiking trip with Terre Boréale - they have a great ethos about how to enjoy the outdoors.

Date of experience: August 2014