Review Highlights
Fantastic winter experience in the Yukon

My wife and I just wrapped up a 4 day trip to Whitehorse during which we did the 'Stars & Lights... read more

Reviewed March 3, 2020
St3phanG
Vancouver, Canada
Aurora Borealis / Northern Lights Yukon

I cannot recommend Max enough!! Seeing the lights has been a lifelong dream for me, and leading up... read more

Reviewed January 28, 2020
bronwynt950

Recommended experiences in and around Whitehorse
from US$600.10
from US$1,510.13
from US$110.75
from US$106.62
More Info
All reviews hiking trip hot tea homemade cookies wilderness camping his passion kluane national park frozen lake his knowledge northern lights tour haines junction dall sheep brownie an adventure yukon river amazing experience max boris
Selected filters
Reviewed October 6, 2019

Max was an excellent guide...the lake we went to was a perfect spot for viewing and we also learned a lot about stars and their constellations. The northern lights were amazing and the background about how and why they light the skies gave the lights more meaning. He brought chairs for us to sit on, herbal tea and brownies. Definitely a 5 star experience....thanks very much!

Date of experience: September 2019
Maxime G, Owner at Terre Boreale, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2019

Thanks a lot Tim! It definitely was a beautiful night!

Reviewed October 1, 2019

If you are seeking adventure and on this trip a physical and mental challenge,then you should give TB a try. Max had a very good understanding of the terrain and the environment through which we traveled and was unwaveringly enthusiastic. Supported by Milena and Boris we made our way through this increadible landscape dealing with each challenge as it presented itself. The food was lovely (I had dietary requirements which Max and Milena kindly took care of) and 3 hot meals a day was certainly welcome on this trip. Unfortunately I couldn't carry on to complete the hike due to having fallen and hurt my leg (and had to be helicoptered out). Max and Milena managed this situation very professionally, always kept me informed and Milena assisted with transport outside the park and booking extra accommodation etc that was required.

Date of experience: July 2019
Maxime G, Propriétaire at Terre Boreale, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2019

Thanks Phil! We're glad your leg is finally doing better!

Reviewed September 27, 2019

My wife and myself were looking for a wild trip in Canada but we wish to avoid a trip without surprise and without a true adventure and awesome surprises.
After some time looking for such a kind of trip, we found Terre Boréale... and it matched!
This was exactly what we were looking for!
We have chosen for a combined trip: 5 days conoë on the Yukon river followed by 10 days of trek.
We have been fully satisfied and beyond.
I won't add more comment on the quality of the food, I just confirm what is said by other people who travelled with Terre Boréale. It is very good.
On the top of that, I would like to emphasize the professionalism of Terre Boréale team members. They will not just guide you or provide advices, they will take care of you all along the trip, from your arrival to your "difficult" back home.

Thanks again for the unforgettable trip.

Pierre

Date of experience: July 2019
Maxime G, Propriétaire at Terre Boreale, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2019

Thanks a lot Pierre and Anne, it was a real pleasure to have your energy along with us on these trips!

Reviewed September 26, 2019

Was looking for a unique hiking experience in Yukon and I saw this trip that Terre Boreale offered. From the beginning when I was inquiring about it, till the trip has ended, Max and Miléna was helpful. The hiking trip was one of the best hiking experience I have, unique to me since we started with a float plane ride to the starting spot! and I would say it is an experience of Canada's wilderness. We saw the northern lights one evening during the trip, we saw a bear, several moose, a fox, marmots, small rodents (probably the pika), mountains sheeps (i think they are Dall Sheep). Also a good challenge for me physically too which what I am looking for. The food served during the hiking trip was good and we also have desserts. The visit to Dawson was nice too, it's a nice town and the most north I've been in Canada so far. Max (the owner/guide) was also taking photos of us along our hike and he shared those photos to us as well. The photos were awesome. This trip to Yukon was my 2nd visit to Yukon by the way and this trip was worth it just like the first one.

Date of experience: August 2019
Maxime G, Propriétaire at Terre Boreale, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2019

Thanks a lot Gerald, and thanks again for the photos!

Reviewed September 24, 2019

We wanted to experience genuine wilderness, to have an adventure, a challenge and explore a tiny part of this vast area. We got all of that and much, much more. From our very first enquiry, Max and Milena couldn't have been more helpful and encouraging with clear information so we knew what we were getting into and understood that this really was a good match for what we wanted. On the hike, Max and Boris made sure we got to see some stunning landscapes, always on the look out for wildlife, and always making sure we were ok, balancing the speed at the front to those of us at the back, intent on simply enjoying being there. Whatever the weather ...and there was some !.... we felt in safe hands, hands that clearly wanted us to enjoy the experience and we most certainly did. Adventure, challenge, wilderness were delivered in bucketloads - thanks to excellent, thoughtful, supportive guides ...Max and Boris ...oh, and the food ..... fabulous ! Thank you.

Date of experience: August 2019