Review Highlights
Beyond the arctic circle!

It was the best experience to cross the artic circle i could imagine. Very informative and relaxed... read more

Reviewed April 4, 2024
Christian H
Kluane Colours with Terre Boreale

Our Kluane Colours adventure with Terre Boreale was nothing short of spectacular. The scenery was... read more

Reviewed November 18, 2023
Anna K
via mobile

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Whitehorse
from C$859.95
from C$2,329.95
from C$156.45
from C$218.94
More Info
All reviews hiking trip arctic circle dempster highway kluane national park territorial park northern lights highly recommend this trip an adventure dawson city beautiful scenery max ogilvie backpacking dehydrated tombstone gear route
Selected filters
Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

I can’t recommend Max and his sweet wife enough! Max truly loves what he does and goes above and beyond to give you an amazing experience. He gave our family a truly amazing experience. He knows his stars and the presentation he gave us while we waited for the Aurora was fantastic. It was very cold the night he took us out and windy,too. We had been traveling and we’re all so tired, but he was so patient with us as we did end up waiting in the van for a little while. Our group was small and I really enjoy that as it’s more personable. We had done another tour with another company and there was too many people for me. It truly makes a difference. My son has a camera and is still learning to use it but Max was so accommodating and sent us a few that he had taken, very appreciative as seeing the northern lights was a big deal for us. On our drive back to the hotel we were offered tasty homemade cookies and hot tea.I miss Whitehorse already and hope to go back. If we do, we’d call Max at Terre Boreale again without a doubt!
Make your reservation today!

Date of experience: December 2019
2  Thank Daysie2300
Maxime G, Propriétaire at Terre Boreale, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Thanks a lot Heidy! I'm really glad you enjoyed the astro tour and the excursion overall! Happy travels!

Reviewed December 30, 2019

My son, two friends and I had the pleasure of hiking and camping in the Ruby Range, Yukon Territory, for 6 days with Max and Milena. We flew by helicopter from Haines Junction to the Ruby Range where we set up a base camp and did day hikes. The helicopter returned to move our gear to the second site and while we hiked there, and then did more day hikes from the second location. Terre Boréale provided the perfect opportunity for us to see some beautiful, remote country without having to worry. We were picked up at the airport; tents and gear were provided; healthy, hearty meals provided; knowledgeable guides who ensured that we saw and accomplished as much as we could. I had never done any wilderness camping, but Max had provided us with a detailed list of gear to bring. Hiking poles are a must!! He was very quick to respond to any and all questions prior to and during the trip to ease any anxiety about being in the wild. The tour was tailored to the needs of our group. We were able to do a lot of hiking each day as we didn’t have to carry all of our gear, only what we needed for the day. Thus it was a hiking trip without having to be a backpacking trip. It was a great experience.

Date of experience: August 2019
Maxime G, Propriétaire at Terre Boreale, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2019

Thanks a lot Lorraine! For a first wilderness trip, y'all did very well and managed to enjoy every moment of it! It sure was fun hiking the Ruby Range with you guys!

Reviewed December 20, 2019

Max guided me on a hike of Mount Nares. I’ve never used a guide for a hike before but, not knowing the area, thought I would err on the side of caution. He was fantastic! He pointed out wild foxes on the drive and taught me a lot about the various animal tracks and types of flora we passed. At our turn-around point, he pulled out the best homemade cookies too! And, on the way home, he even stopped for a bonus tour of Carcross.

All in all, knowledgeable, prepared, easy to talk to, and awesome company. Thanks Max!

Date of experience: December 2019
Maxime G, Propriétaire at Terre Boreale, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2019

Thanks a lot Renée! I'm glad you enjoyed this beautiful day on the mountain as much as I did!

Reviewed November 13, 2019

Thank you very much Max your work is impeccable and the photos fabulous. 2 days with my friends and Max was magic. Max is amazing and kind Guide Tour show us the star the moon, we walked on top of frozen lake and listen it. Max found the prefect place to see the Northern Lights was magical and also keep us warm with hot tea, hot water bottle and share his jacket with us was amazing. Thanks to set up the chairs for us. Thank you so much.This magical adventure always in my 💓.

Date of experience: November 2019
Maxime G, Propriétaire at Terre Boreale, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2019

Thank you Ceci! It was a lot of fun to have you guys on the tour and to experience the Latino joy of life first hand! Hope to see you all again in the Yukon!

Reviewed October 19, 2019

We had Max as our Northern Light Hunter and he is terrific. He is extremely knowledgeable and is eager to share his passion with us. As we waited for the northern lights to show up, Max showed us (with binoculars) the celestial stars and explained what made them special. In addition, we were treated like VIPs with folding lawn chairs, hot bottles to warm us up, hot tea, brownies, coats, blankets, gloves and so much more. Max was more than prepared to ensure we had a great time while watching the northern lights. If you want to have the best possible experience watching the northern lights, we strongly recommend Max.

Date of experience: October 2019
Maxime G, Propriétaire at Terre Boreale, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2019

Thanks a lot Thanesh! I had a great time with you guys as well!