Review Highlights
Beyond the arctic circle!

It was the best experience to cross the artic circle i could imagine. Very informative and relaxed... read more

Reviewed April 4, 2024
Christian H
Kluane Colours with Terre Boreale

Our Kluane Colours adventure with Terre Boreale was nothing short of spectacular. The scenery was... read more

Reviewed November 18, 2023
Anna K
via mobile

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Whitehorse
All reviews hiking trip arctic circle dempster highway kluane national park territorial park northern lights highly recommend this trip an adventure dawson city beautiful scenery max ogilvie backpacking dehydrated tombstone gear route
Selected filters
Reviewed June 29, 2021

We had a wonderful experience with the Terre Boreale team. Max and Dan were super helpful, extremely knowledgeable, and very adaptable! If you're looking for a true hiking, multi-day backpacking adventure in the wilderness with experienced tour guides who know what they are doing - look no further! Thank you for a great trip and for following the zero-waste philosophy!

Date of experience: June 2021
Maxime G, Owner at Terre Boreale, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2021

Thank you Shakeel!

Reviewed June 29, 2021

Had a great adventure in the Yukon mountains with our tour guides Max and Dan from Terre Boreale. They were always encouraging and matching our pace and were very knowledgeable about the landscape. We experienced multiple terrains, creek crossings, short and long hikes, summits and valleys during our 6 days in the wilderness. I would recommend them wholeheartedly if you are looking for professional and knowledgeable guides to take you on your adventure into the back country.

Date of experience: June 2021

Thanks a lot Jamshaid!

Reviewed March 3, 2020

My wife and I just wrapped up a 4 day trip to Whitehorse during which we did the 'Stars & Lights' tour with Max. The experience was amazing and Max proved to be a warm, attentive, passionate and extremely knowledgeable guide. We loved the combination of star gazing, astronomy and yes, aurora borealis hunting at night... with day hikes and excursions. The evening at the Yukon Astronomical Society observatory was very special and a great way to get introduced to both the northern sky and the amazing homemade raspberry cookies :-).
Terre Boreale is a labour of love. Max & Milena have created something very special in their adoptive Yukon. We highly recommend the experience and we will definitely be back in the Yukon for more at some point. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed !

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed January 28, 2020

I cannot recommend Max enough!! Seeing the lights has been a lifelong dream for me, and leading up to the trip I was stressing as the forecast was not looking great and I may come all this way to not see anything! Max identified the most likely evening we may see the lights that we were in town, and helped us shuffle plans to make sure we got out on the most likely night. Unbeknown to me, he was also organising my proposal with my better half behind the scenes! His knowledge of the area, wilderness, astronomy / astrology and the lights is incredible. His passion for his job SHINES through and makes for an amazing evening. The groups are small, we were actually on our own, which brings a great personal feel to it all. The fact that he will move to various locations trying to find the best spot for the lights was also a HUGE winner for me! We have an incredible memory (and photos, hes a great photog!) of our engagement and realizing my lifelong dream, and I am grateful to Max for that! We hope to be back to do a summer hiking trip with him and his wife soon :)

Date of experience: January 2020
Maxime G, Propriétaire at Terre Boreale, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2020

Thank you Bronwyn! Miléna and I would love to have you with us on a backpacking trip this summer or next!

Reviewed January 23, 2020

My husband and I and two friends booked this trip by helicopter into the Ruby Range for 6 days of hiking. The trip was well-planned and met our expectations. Max and Milena were great guides, providing good companionship, high-quality equipment, knowledge of the local wildlife, and exceptional food that they prepared and de-hydrated at home than re-hydrated in camp. They led us on interesting day-hikes from our base camp everyday with minor adjustments to take into account each person's physical abilities. This is a trip for people that are reasonably fit, making our own way across rough terrain (no trails) and climbing ridges for spectacular views. Highly recommended. The Ruby Range may look all the same from afar, but up close it is varied and intriguing with great views to Kluane National Park.

Date of experience: August 2019
Maxime G, Propriétaire at Terre Boreale, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2020

Thanks a lot Norma! We definitely enjoyed our trip in the Ruby Range as well! Hope to see you and Marcus again in the Yukon soon!