Review Highlights
Beyond the arctic circle!

It was the best experience to cross the artic circle i could imagine. Very informative and relaxed... read more

Reviewed April 4, 2024
Christian H
Kluane Colours with Terre Boreale

Our Kluane Colours adventure with Terre Boreale was nothing short of spectacular. The scenery was... read more

Reviewed November 18, 2023
Anna K
via mobile

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Whitehorse
from C$859.95
from C$2,329.95
from C$156.45
from C$219.26
More Info
All reviews hiking trip arctic circle dempster highway kluane national park territorial park northern lights highly recommend this trip an adventure dawson city beautiful scenery max ogilvie backpacking dehydrated tombstone gear route
Selected filters
Reviewed April 10, 2022

Awesome trip with Max up the Dempster Highway, past the Arctic Circle to the border with NWT. Beautiful scenery and different moods with the weather and the time of day and the changing light. The Arctic tundra and the Ogilvie Mountains were spectacular. The huge trucks every now and then provided an unexpected added interest.

Max was a great guide - very easy to be with, very knowledgeable and ultra accommodating to requests for photo stops (day and night). Always on the lookout for wildlife .... try as we might we didn't see any moose but we did happen to see some birdlife, elk, red fox and a lynx! The Northern Lights weren't on show but seeing the mountains in the full moonlight at midnight was a bonus. The winter clothing which was provided kept us nice and warm at sub zero temperatures - minus 27' was a new experience for us coming from New Zealand!

Would totally recommend this trip with Terre Borreale. Thanks Max.

Date of experience: March 2022
Maxime G, Owner at Terre Boreale, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2022

Thank you very much Rob!

Reviewed February 11, 2022

My husband and I joined Max on an unforgettable journey up the Dempster highway to the arctic circle. Terre Boreal blew us away with their passion for the night sky and high degree of competence every step of the way. I'd highly recommend booking with them!

Date of experience: February 2022

Thank you very much Leanne! See you next time in the Yukon or in the south!

Reviewed September 16, 2021 via mobile

My wife and I did 2 outings with terre boreale in Aug 2021: 1 week trekking in the Ruby Range, Yukon, and 1 week canoeing on the Yukon River. On both outings, the competence, dedication, and service from our guides, Dan & Ed was extraordinary. They are so knowledgeable and personable. We were totally spoiled in the wilderness. The food on both trips was incomparable. Every detail of our needs and safety were attended to. A perfect combination of adventure and comfort. We loved both trips.

Date of experience: August 2021
Maxime G, Owner at Terre Boreale, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2021

Thanks a lot Chuck! Hope to see you and Carole again soon in the Yukon!

Reviewed September 11, 2021 via mobile

Great trip in the Ruby Range thanks to Terre Boréale. A perfect way to get into untracked wilderness without having to carry a full sized backpack. Excellent guides who accommodated our older group (60 to 79 years old) and made our trip truly memorable

Thanks a lot Liz!

Reviewed August 16, 2021 via mobile

Booking a trek across the Ogilvie Mountains was a very big challenge for me. Max and Miléna provided me with perfect advice on gear especially what to bring and I brought exactly what I needed and didn't miss anything at all. Perfect balance.
We spent 8 days in the complete wilderness with a fantastic guide: Dan who led us back to the Dempster highway. He told us all he knew about wildlife, Flora and our surroundings. He was constantly making sure we were okay, didn't miss anything and were comfortable at camp.
At first I was anxious to leave, scared it would be too long, too difficult. In the end I could have kept going longer.
Terre Boréale provides extraordinary adventures and great service. They taught us on how to leave no trace, about zero waste and also about home made food for trek. We even had treats and deserts in the middle of nowhere!
I would definitely recommend everyone I can to travel with Terre Boréale. They make adventures on human scale. Small groups going to very remote places and they do everything to protect the place. I'm looking forward to my next trip with them.

Date of experience: August 2021

Thanks Justin, we're glad to hear you enjoyed this challenging but rewarding adventure!