Review Highlights
Beyond the arctic circle!

It was the best experience to cross the artic circle i could imagine. Very informative and relaxed... read more

Reviewed April 4, 2024
Christian H
Kluane Colours with Terre Boreale

Our Kluane Colours adventure with Terre Boreale was nothing short of spectacular. The scenery was... read more

Reviewed November 18, 2023
Anna K
via mobile

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Whitehorse
from C$859.95
from C$2,329.95
from C$156.45
from C$218.29
More Info
All reviews hiking trip arctic circle dempster highway kluane national park territorial park northern lights highly recommend this trip an adventure dawson city beautiful scenery max ogilvie backpacking dehydrated tombstone gear route
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2023

I canoed down the Upper Liard River with Terre Boreale in July of 2023. It was a nice river with lovely campsites and clear water. The food was great, the equipment supplied was first class and our guide Marc worked extremely hard to keep us comfortable, well fed and safe.

Date of experience: July 2023
Maxime G, Owner at Terre Boreale, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2023

Thank you Doug for your review!

Reviewed August 15, 2023

Backpacking route through Kluane with beautiful vistas, challenging terrain, and wonderful hosts. Terre Boreale is a great outfit.

Date of experience: July 2023

Thank you Lisa!

Reviewed October 6, 2022

Wow. My first time to the Yukon did not disappoint. The nature and scenery were everything I could have hoped for. The Donjek Route was probably the most difficult thing I have ever done, so much more difficult that I could have anticipated! The soft off trail terrain was even more difficult for me than big inclines. Our guides Dan and Ed were fantastic and kept me motivated and feeling safe along the way. The food was also excellent and we had a great variety of backpacking meals and snacks. Having a hot lunch every day was often appreciated, especially on a rainy day. We didn't see as much wildlife as I had hoped, but seeing a few caribou pretty close was wonderful. Max was very helpful during the booking process and lead up to the trip, and was a great host!

Date of experience: July 2022
Maxime G, Propriétaire at Terre Boreale, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2022

Thank you very much Sierra! You're right, the Donjek Route is a very challenging adventure and you can be proud of what you have achieved!

Reviewed September 2, 2022

I was apprehensive about this vacation. I had never done any off-trail trekking, and my camping experience was limited. I trained as much as possible to be in shape for the trip, and I followed the clear recommendations Terre Boréale made for the equipment. This paid off. It was by no means easy, but I enjoy challenging physical work, and I was able to push myself comfortably in gear that was well selected for the challenge; no blisters, back aches or sprains. Any anxiety I had related to the uncertainties and fears that are normal on this type of voyage were easily alleviated by our guides. Édouard and Marc were experienced, and very generous in sharing their knowledge. They were calm, confident, and gave clear instructions whenever we needed them. Their attention to detail and professionalism underlined how important the client experience is to Terre Boréale. They were also charming and funny so that when I wasn’t focused on where to take my next step, I had a lot of fun. The food was better than I expected (and I had heard great things about it), and it was plentiful. Finally, there are no words or photographs to do justice the beauty, the ruggedness, or the vastness of the territory. The only way to experience this is to go.

Date of experience: August 2022
Maxime G, Owner at Terre Boreale, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2022

Thank you very much Julie!

Reviewed August 26, 2022

I did the Ogilvie Mountains traverse with Terre Boreale. The trip was outstanding ( although I would not recommend it to beginner hikers, as it does require some mental and physical toughness), the organization was perfect and the guides (Ed and Dan) could not have been better. There was a profound sense of love and respect for the environment The food provided was outstanding, all dehydrated, provided in home made sacks - so no plastic was used. This definitely rates amongst some of the best backpacks I have ever done ( and I have done many, in several parts of the world...). Thank you, Max and Milena, for maintaining such high standards, to Dan an Ed for an outstanding 8 days and to Marc-Andre for smooth and safe driving!

Date of experience: August 2022