All reviewsguest houseinterior designcharming placerooftop terraceplace to staylaid backhugovillagemoroccoluxurycrewvibeoceansurferssurfing
Reviewed April 5, 2018

I wanted to book somewhere a bit special for our wedding anniversary and a friend suggested going to Munga for the evening. I am so pleased we booked this as it was great.

It's not your normal place. We went to the rooftop restaurant - and I mean rooftop! This has to be the highest place in the village and the views are spectacular. Our table overlooked the Panorama Bay and the views were just great.

The service was faultless, our waiter was attentive and cheerful and could not do enough for us - even moving the table layout so we could both sit and watch the view together.

We did not know what was coming as we had to order when booking, so I had fish and my wife the steak. The meal consisted of 4 courses, a soup, starter, main and sweet.

All the food was well presented and perfectly cooked - I am not going to go into details as the whole experience is worth the "wait and see" factor - all I will say is that it was great.

One word of warning, take a warm jacket as the wind does get up and it can be cold - there are blankets provided as well.

In summary, it is quite expensive in terms of Morocco, but well worth it and we will certainly go again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChappleG
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Very friendly and hospitable staff.. owner gave a tour himself of his life passion of decorating and building this hotel.. rooms are very unique and comfortable.. walid and Hugo were our surf guides.. chill and easy going guys; made the lessons feel like hanging out and not just surf boot camp; food is amazing.. highly recommend the fish menu.. very fresh and seasoned well..

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David L
Reviewed February 23, 2018

My wife and I stayed with our 2 kids at Munga for 5 nights in February 2018 and had a fantastic experience. First of all, Taghazout is a charming and relaxed place, only 45 minutes from Agadir. Lots of great places to eat, and a beautiful beach.
Munga guesthouse consists of a couple of building but I don't think they have more than 10-15 rooms all decorated differently. All items in the rooms are handpicked or created by the owner. High quality and beautiful interior deco. We have never stayed at a place where so much attention was put into every detail. The owner and staff were extremely helpful and friendly and did everything they could to make us feel welcome. Since our youngest child was 1½ years old at the time, we had dinner at our terrace 4 out 5 evenings. The chef prepared the most fantastic food every night. There was no menu but we had fresh fish, steak and pasta, and it was all cooked to perfection. The staff lit the fireplace at our terrace each night and created the perfect setting.

Thank you to the Munga staff for making our stay unforgettable.

Kind Regards
Louse and Mads

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MadsB4
Reviewed February 5, 2018

We stayed a couple of days here recently. Definitely the best place we stayed at. It's not at cheapie but once you decide to go for it, there is seemingly endless amounts of help and advice and good food and clean beautiful rooms, good location and also acces to quality Italian food at the restaurant in front of the hotel.
Big up the nice staff (Hugo, Mehdi, Latifah and I forget the name of the last women we were in contact with). Thanks a lot.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Rasmus P
Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

I spent 5 nights at Munga Guesthouse. The place is amazing.
The room was beautiful and comfortable. The atmosphere was very relaxed.

The breakfast was delicious. The staff where very friendly and couldn't do enough to ensure a great stay.

There's lovely Italian resturant out the front.
Sunrise and sunset yoga was a perfect way to start and end the day with a great teacher and amazing location.

Overall I couldn't be happier with my stay I will look forward to coming back.

Finally the surf guide was a champion. Getting us to the best waves. Thank you to munga and the crew.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends