“The perfect place in the Moroccan Mountains”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Mountain Riad

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The garden
Huge roof terrace
Beautiful bedrooms
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
heloise_t...
London, United Kingdom
“The perfect place in the Moroccan Mountains”
Reviewed November 19, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

We literally couldn't have found a more perfect location for a birthday holiday - the Riad is an incredible building, beautifully made out and with multiple places to chill, dance, do yoga and eat. The scenery is incredible, being a short distance from the sea but located away from the hustle of Taghazout - sunsets, goats in trees, mountain life. Also, we'd highly recommend the food cooked by Yusuf for dinner - delicious home recipes.

Sam is an incredible host - really genuine. He will bend over backwards to make sure you have a good time and has brilliant recommendations for surf instructors, activities and market vendors.

I literally couldn't recommend it more. We all can't wait to get back there to sleep again under the stars

Travelling group: Large Group
Kerry C
Taunton, England
“Fantastic little retreat in the mountains”
Reviewed March 13, 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

I stayed at the Mountain Riad for just a short while, I'd travelled with friends who were staying the week, for a 40th birthday treat, and we weren't disappointed.

Sam & Silvie were fantastic hosts, we were looked after from the moment we stepped out of the airport, until it was time to return.

Nicki provided a fanatically healthy breakfast every morning (can't rate the smashed avocados enough) with freshly squeezed juice and tales of her travels. Sylvie made our welcoming dinner most evenings, where she joined us and made us feel at home in the beautiful surroundings of the riad. While Sam organised surf lessons, yoga on the roof terrace and all our transport needs.

Although I was only there for a long weekend, my stay has definitely left a lasting impression on me, and would love to return with my husband & kids in the future!

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The hospitality
Liked least: If I had to say anything it would be the loo (but Sam explained they were having a few problems, and there were others available)
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
admRokoko
Playa del Ingles, Spain
“Lovely place!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

I stayed for one week during ramadan. It was perfect. Nice & quiet.

Waking up in the mornings by the sound of roosters and donkeys makes it feel like you are far away from everything, but yet it's only a short ride down to Taghazout.

The house is beautiful and I loved all the rugs and decorations. "Home away from home"

Sam is a brilliant host and he recommended me to visit Paradise Valley one day, which I did and I loved it.

He helps you to arrange taxis and any activities you would like to try.

I would definitely recommend this place and I will be staying here next time I'm visiting Morocco.

Loved it! //Karin

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
livesimpl...
Kendal, United Kingdom
“awesome riad by the sea”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

we stayed with sam for a few nights on our trip around Morocco. he is such a chilled out guy who lets you have full use of kitchen and facilities. the riad itself is located a bit out of taghazout but no problem if you have a car, which we did. it's clean, comfortable and relaxed with a lovely rooftop and outdoor area. would definitely stay there again.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Katycrowe...
London, United Kingdom
“peaceful, comfortable mountain idyll”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Great holiday. Sam the owner is a friendly, knowledgeable tour guide and host although if you prefer he is as equally happy to leave you to your own devices and give you enough space so that you can almost pretend the place is your own!
Most of us surfed but there are plenty of alternatives to explore if that's not your thing.

Jessm1923...
London, United Kingdom
“The most special riad in all of Morocco.”
Reviewed May 7, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

We completely lucked out booking a room at Sam’s, he is as generous as he is kind and all I can say is that out trip wouldn't have been nearly as magical without having met him. His electricity bill arrived the same evening that we did... We were sitting on the terrace when a man strolled by below, said something in Berber (to which Sam responded) and then chucked a scrunched up bit of paper to us. Brilliant. Electricity bill done. We had so many moments like this, all of which where thanks to Sam’s willingness to share his Morocco with us.

He who dares wins Rodney. Or, ask Sam and you will be rewarded… He knows a lot about the local area and will always point you in a good direction. Paradise Valley is a must though, as is horse riding on the beach - definitely go for the two hour slot! If you’re travelling, make sure to ask about other lovely spots to stay up the coast as he knows many.

The riad itself is absolutely beautiful. Lots of nice white walls decorated with incredible Moroccan detail, and the finest selection of rugs I've ever seen.

'Doing' was lovely at Mountain Riad, but also 'not doing' was equally as wonderful. Just being at Sam’s was one of the most calming experiences I can remember having recently, and lying in the sunshine listening to goats has to be one of my new favourite past times.

Thanks for an amazing trip Sam, can't wait to come back…. :)

Smash x x x x x

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The roof terrace
Liked least: The fact that it's not my home
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sam L
London, United Kingdom
“Peaceful, spectacular, homely, relaxing riad just outside away from the bustle of Taghazout.”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

This is a wonderful spot. With just a 5 min drive, or a picturesque, but stout walk over the foothills of the small Atlas' mountains from the centre of Taghazout, you arrive at Sam's wonderfully homely riad. Decked out with lovely rugs, (he's on first name terms with the rug man in town, no wonder) and comfy beds, I haven't been anywhere so relaxing in a long time. I went for a night and stayed until I was kicked out to allow for the new guests, mainly due to Sam, and his amazingly helpful knowledge and understanding of the locals, and where was good to go. We rode horses on the beach ( do it) went to paradise valley (and this), imsouane (you get the gist) essaouira, and got taught how to make a Tagine. All thanks to Sam and his generous hosting. Don't get me wrong, if you are looking for hotel style vibe stay away, this is lovely and clean, comfy and welcoming, but what I liked most was that if you want to be left totally alone you can, but if you want to have some fun, Sam is a rad source of info. I will definitely come back. Cheers mate

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing