“GREAT MOTEL”
Review of Cherry Grove Motel

Cherry Grove Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Havelock North
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I stayed at Cherry Grove Motel for 7 nights whilst visiting my daughter in Havelock. The owners were friendly and welcoming. My unit was comfortable and had all the basic needs. The bed was extremely comfortable and most importantly the unit was spotlessly clean. I highly recommend this motel and it will definitely be the only motel I book into in my future visits to my daughter. Thank you Lyn and Craig for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
LynCraigLarking, Owner at Cherry Grove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Awww, you're welcome Belinda - thank you so much for taking the time to write this such lovely to hear & positive review.
It is comments like this that help others to decide where to stay when coming to Havelock North - which is priceless, so thank you!!!
See you again x
Lyn & Craig

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I stayed at the Cherry Grove Motel back in August (11th-13th) and I was very impressed. It was very clean too! Reading reviews about the place its cleanliness was a recurring theme. I concur the level of cleanliness of this place was outstanding. I didn't walk into the town centre but it wasn't that far. The bed was comfortable and the unit was well appointed. The host when I checked in was very helpful, polite and friendly. I would definitely recommend this place and would come back!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
LynCraigLarking, Owner at Cherry Grove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

What an outstanding review David - thank you so much for taking the time to construct such helpful words to encourage others like yourself to come & stay at our humble wee motel.
Glad you enjoyed your stay & hope to see you back again...
Regards
Lyn Larking
Proud owner of Cherry Grove Motel

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We were very happy with our stay, and very grateful for the fantastic service! The two bedroom unit was ideal for our family, lovely and clean, with everything we needed and well laid out. We particularly liked the lawn areas where our toddler could potter around safely. Thanks so much for the room upgrade, the extra milk for our little one, and for posting her jacket back to us when we left it behind!! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2017

This great little motel is a very friendly family motel. It is very clean and tidy. The new owners are in the process of doing the motel up. The location is ideal as it is not quite in the town but it is a very short drive away or a 15 minute walk to the shops of Havelock North. The owners lyn and Craig are very hospitable and very knowledgeable of the area. Give this Motel a try, we did and are coming back to stay in May.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
LynCraigLarking, Owner at Cherry Grove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review - we really appreciate it :)
You and your family & friends are welcome here any time!!

Cheers
Lyn

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Travelling with my elderly mother and was referred to this motel by another where we usually stayed who could not accommodate us this time.
What a pleasant surprise. An older motel. Larger rooms, comfortable beds and great internet and water pressure. Spotlessly clean. What more could you need. Very friendly host new to the industry. I have been in the industry for the past 15 years and I wish you well. You are doing everything right. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
LynCraigLarking, Owner at Cherry Grove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review!!
So nice to hear that what we do everyday is appreciated & that I personally, think I've found my calling :)

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Cherry Grove is a clean, no fuss motel. Value for money. The rooms have everything one would need for an overnight stay or longer. Motelier is friendly, approachable and informative. We will always stay at this motel when in Havelock North.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review - sorry I missed it when it was written but a thank you at any time is better than none at all, right?
So we hope to see you again in the not too distant future, cheers!!!
Lyn

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Awesome from start to finish, lovely friendly staff...... Lyn you are perfect for running a motel. Fun, friendly and so kind. Room was even better than we booked, loved our stay and will definitely be back again Jason & Karen

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
LynCraigLarking, Owner at Cherry Grove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Thank you so much Karen & Jason (& the rest of the Buist Family) is was a pleasure having you all!!
We would love to have you back again, anytime!!
Cheers