All reviews good size separate bedrooms min drive road noise place to stay te mata peak lyn unit host village cleanliness region comfort hastings
Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

Superb motel perfectly positioned in Havelock North. Rooms are a good size, good amenities and super helpful staff. Is on a main road so ask for a room off the road.
Pool was great relief for kids in the middle of the day. 15 min drive to sports Centre in Hastings and a 10 min walk to super little cafes in the town. Would come again.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
LynCraigLarking, Owner at Cherry Grove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2018

Thanks for the review Nikki - it does pay to ask about the little things (especially if they are big things to you) we are more than happy to 'shuffle' the bookings around in our system to ensure everyone is happy!! To me, it's the little things that make a holiday from "just ok to absolutely fantastic!!" (making you want to come back again & tell your friends too)
Hope to see you again...

Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with friends for a bike tour around the local trails. Nice roomy
accommodation for 4 people. Handy location to walk into the CBD area for
bars and restaurants. The owners were very accommodating and made us feel welcome. Definitely recommend.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
LynCraigLarking, Owner at Cherry Grove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words!! Reviews are so important to us - we really appreciate any feedback.
Glad you enjoyed your visit & we hope to see you all again sometime in the not too distant future!!

Reviewed October 25, 2017

I stayed at Cherry Grove Motel for 7 nights whilst visiting my daughter in Havelock. The owners were friendly and welcoming. My unit was comfortable and had all the basic needs. The bed was extremely comfortable and most importantly the unit was spotlessly clean. I highly recommend this motel and it will definitely be the only motel I book into in my future visits to my daughter. Thank you Lyn and Craig for a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
LynCraigLarking, Owner at Cherry Grove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2017

Awww, you're welcome Belinda - thank you so much for taking the time to write this such lovely to hear & positive review.
It is comments like this that help others to decide where to stay when coming to Havelock North - which is priceless, so thank you!!!
See you again x
Lyn & Craig

Reviewed October 16, 2017

I stayed at the Cherry Grove Motel back in August (11th-13th) and I was very impressed. It was very clean too! Reading reviews about the place its cleanliness was a recurring theme. I concur the level of cleanliness of this place was outstanding. I didn't walk into the town centre but it wasn't that far. The bed was comfortable and the unit was well appointed. The host when I checked in was very helpful, polite and friendly. I would definitely recommend this place and would come back!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
LynCraigLarking, Owner at Cherry Grove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

What an outstanding review David - thank you so much for taking the time to construct such helpful words to encourage others like yourself to come & stay at our humble wee motel.
Glad you enjoyed your stay & hope to see you back again...
Regards
Lyn Larking
Proud owner of Cherry Grove Motel

Reviewed September 20, 2017

We were very happy with our stay, and very grateful for the fantastic service! The two bedroom unit was ideal for our family, lovely and clean, with everything we needed and well laid out. We particularly liked the lawn areas where our toddler could potter around safely. Thanks so much for the room upgrade, the extra milk for our little one, and for posting her jacket back to us when we left it behind!! We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2017