“Nice meal ”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2015 via mobile

We were visiting the area for our sins cricket . Popped in here on the recommendation of diners leaving for the night . It was quiet but the service was good . The menu was simple but the food was well prepared . The maitre de (possibly the owner ) was attentive all evening . It's not cheap not expensive . The wine list is fine but not extensive for an area that produces lots .
I think it's a popular local as there were diners coming in all evening .
So if you would like a nice meal in a quiet environment then check it out . The lamb loin was very nice

1  Thank Pete Tanya L

Reviewed January 14, 2015

We ate here on Thursday night and thoroughly enjoyed our evening. The service was professional and attentive with beautiful food showcasing some of the Hawkes bays best produce.
My wife had the confit duck which she loved and I
had the lamb with kumara Rosti. The lamb was cooked to perfection and was complimented by a rich well seasoned jus. Our two boys (tweens), ordered options from the small plates menu which they loved every mouthful of. A great restaurant experience. Thanks

Reviewed January 13, 2015

Taking mother and god-mother out for dinner we went with the booking offered by our friendly hosts at St Andrews Escape. e opted for a table out of the sunny inside table we were shown where we would have been blinded and rosated. Service was friendly but slow. The meals although lovely were luke warm and minimalist for the price. The desert would have been fantastic if served at the correct temperature, as it was the creamy complex confection was overpowered by the caramely chocolate cream which at a more crisp coolness may have presented its many layered flavours in a more ordered fashion and crisp mouth feel rather then the muddled mess that overwhelmed me. For heaven's sake clean the insects out of the light fittings! Are they being saved for pudding?

Reviewed January 12, 2015

We turned up for a meal in Havelock North on a summers evening and the moment we laid eyes on the terrace out the front of the restaurant we couldn't look anywhere else. The Post is a delightful and quaint restaurant and bar with a warm homely character. We were lucky enough to get a seat on the terrace that makes the most of the afternoon / evening sun. The service was friendly and knowledgeable. I ordered the fish for the main, which I was informed was fresh from a local distributor, Hawkes Bay Sea Food, and it did not let me down. It was outstanding. The whole evening was delightful. We will definitely be back next time we pop back through the Bay.

Reviewed December 2, 2014

We were disappointed with our meal. The meal was sparse and as I remember my husbands seemed a bit cold. We wouldn't go back sadly.