“Rather overpriced but still worth a visit”
Review of Cafe Fiore

Cafe Fiore
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2018

This is a small intimate place with very few tables, so be sure and get a reservation or you might not get in. Actually loved the atmosphere. The food is well prepared and tasty and worth about 30% less than is charged, however you are in a resort town so I guess they can get away with it as they are very successful. The Veal dish we had was excellent and the meatball dish was just average (hard to get past fried meatballs that are very dry). Service was above average and attentive. Except for the sticker shock it is well worth a visit. Be prepared to spend between 150 and 200 for 2 people.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Great authentic Italian food with amazing service. It’s very small and intimate. We were really lucky we got a table calling last minute. If you can get a reservation, you wont be disappointed.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here, and it was delicious. It is a very small place, but we were seated in the back by a window, so it felt quite private. Steve and Shawn (sp?) waited on us, and Steve was exceptional. The garlic bread is definitely worth the extra cost! My husband had a Caesar salad as a starter and said it was one of the best he's ever had. I had a house salad with Gorgonzola dressing, but it was a little bland for my liking. I had a dish with lobster served over linguine with tomatoes and mushrooms, and it was amazing! My husband had a beef dish that was very juicy and so tender. For dessert, I had the white chocolate ice cream. It was extremely rich and delicious, and the texture was unlike any other ice cream I've ever had. My husband ordered the Napolean for dessert and said it was very good as well. This place was amazing! We booked our reservation about a month in advance. I noticed a few open tables, but those may have been held for other reservations coming in, so I'm not sure how easily it would be to get a table without a reservation. This was such a treasure to find!

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

After researching a trip to Truckee we found a NYT 2015 article the suggested this restaurant. We were not disappointed. We got there early and had a great bottle of wine around a small outdoor fire pit waiting for a table. Reservations needed as tables are few. They have outdoor seating too but in this chilly September night it was nice to be indoors. The food was outstanding, the wine selection is visible in every nook and cranny of this small intimate space. The service was attentive. It’s a high price point compared to the other choices in the South Lake Tahoe area but worth it. The only drawback for us was the long ride back to Truckee. Thank you to the not fake NYT for publishing!

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Cozy place right near Heavenly. Food was out of sight! Would recommend getting reservations as suggested below as it’s a small place. Probably one of our best meals we had in the area all week. Strongly recommend the Fra Diablo - flavor was amazing and just the right amount of portion. Enjoy if you go.