“Well kept secret”

Blue Angel Cafe
Price range: US$12 - US$21
Cuisines: Asian, European, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Blue Angel Cafe & Catering Co. features fresh, innovative food from around the world and we hope you stop in to sample our eclectic menu and enjoy our cozy atmosphere. We have a beer, wine and espresso bar to complement our menu. Come sit by the fire after a day of skiing, or bring the dog by for a beer in our summer garden after a Tahoe hike. Recently celebrating our 10 year anniversary, we have come to be a favorite among visitors and locals alike. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

This place has wonderful food. I believe one of the owners is from England. The fish and chips were delicious. The tarter sauce of all things is the best. The waiter/ bartender was super nice. The Chef experiments with making sauces and we were fortunate enough to try one. But you have to ask for those sauces.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

Lovely homely food and really good service! Turned into our firm favourite when we stayed in the area.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

We were there during Fall off-season and had the place to ourselves (nice after a long flight and road trip!). I ordered the Fish and Chips merely because of the Union Jack flying out front (with the US Flag). Fish (Cod) was fried perfectly with a flavorful, crispy shell. Chips were standard french fries. The tartar sauce that came with the meal was the True Star of the show. Another couple at our B&B, that was actually from England, confirmed my opinion. My wife ordered a pizza. They do warn you it could take up to 20 min. I thought the sauce was bland and the crust was more like a cracker, but I'm a deep-dish guy. Very good beer & wine selection. We sat inside, but there are large picnic tables in front that are dog friendly. We did notice a bin of toys for kids.

2  Thank SWN914
Reviewed October 10, 2017

Great service and food. I love the board with all the flags from countries where employees are from.

Reviewed September 26, 2017

Prior to my visit to SLTahoe, I checked in with restaurant.com to find some places to eat that we might want to try. When first entering the front door, the fireplace was lit and very pleasant. Located on the west side of Skirun Blvd, which is just a couple of blocks off of Hwy 50 with plenty of on street parking available. I had the salmon salad for $15.00 that was very tasty with a vinegrette dressing and crumbles of wasabi cheese that was quite tasty without being too overwhelming, as wasabi can be by itself. Wife had a beef burger with cheddar and a side salad that she enjoyed a lot. Danielle was our server and was very personable and tended to our low carb diet requests. We'll definitely return. We don't drink or do desserts, so I apologize for not knowing what they serve, but know that they do. From what I could tell, BAC would be a good date spot. My wife's burger was $14.50+$1 for cheddar+$3 for the side salad. They do note clearly that $1 is added to the tab for a Lake Tahoe cause, but will gladly remove it if asked.