All reviews laid back hiking trails costa rica toucan room ping pong table pura vida tide pools horseback riding air conditioned room this place is amazing screened in porch minute walk heaven on earth lush jungle quiet beach at home can't wait to come back
Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

I spend 4 days in total in Pavones and when I went to visit some friends at The Ponderosa I run into my hotel and I check out as quik is possible and I move because this place is amazing the owner super cool mellow and they really take care this place, from the very little details and is beach front and you can see the waves breaking from the pool witch my kid love it

The room “la rana” is super clean and nice

For sure Im staying again and again and again next time Im in Pavones

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
pavones, Owner at La Ponderosa Beach and Jungle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

I am happy to hear that you and your son enjoyed staying at La Ponderosa. Kids love our pool (and adults too)! Thanks for your review and compliments. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2018

Beautiful setting across the street from the beach. Simply elegant, clean and affordable. The people there are nice and if you are a surfer you will be in heaven. I will definitely be back. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Thanks for your review and recommendation! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 13, 2018

La Pondersosa is turly the essence of Pura Vida. The coffee is ready to turn-on for the early morning surfers who need their coffee fix before hitting the surf . The large lounge area for eating and relaxing is very accommodating and a great place to grab a glass of ice cold water from the never empty water cooler. There are hiking trails right on the property where I have seen large wild cats, parrots, monkeys and a sloth. The crystal clear river called Rio Claro, the waves, the pool, the views, the trails, the food and the well-designed property is truly what Costa Rica is all about. I highly recommend it !

Room Tip: Many different size rooms and prices to choose from to fit anyone's needs.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
pavones, Owner at La Ponderosa Beach and Jungle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

Thanks for the great review and recommendation.
I am so glad that you make use of the trails and enjoy seeing the wildlife that lives on and around the property.
Pura Vida, Pura Pavones, Pura Pondersosa!

Hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed January 6, 2018

This quiet beach town is just what we needed after a hectic holiday season! La Ponderosa was the perfect place to stay - with all the amenities we needed -- including delicious meals to order and great recommendations about great local things to do and see.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

It is a perfect place to unwind, relax and just get away for a bit. I'm glad you were comfortable and enjoyed the area during your stay. Hope to see you again!
Pura Vida,

Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

Angie and Marshall are fabulous hosts. Accommodations were awesome, the grounds and pool were beautiful and well maintained. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all delicious. Service outstanding! Whether your surfing or relaxing, my family and I highly recommend La Ponderosa!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
pavones, Owner at La Ponderosa Beach and Jungle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Thank you for your review.
I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed the accommodations, property and meals and thanks for the recommendation.
We hope to see you again.
Angie