“Best butter tarts anywhere.”

A Little Taste Of Paradise
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Stirling
Reviewed October 17, 2016

The Paradise Café, as this is now known, was an instant success when it opened thanks to Mandy's amazing...near legendary butter tarts. Coffee is good, but don't ever fail to try the butter tarts or one of the other treats. But mainly the butter tarts!

Reviewed October 17, 2016

Excellent service and very pleasant atmosphere I tell all my friends how wonderful and interesting place it is very unique

Reviewed October 13, 2016

If you are looking for a quiet place to have excellent pastry or muffins with a good cup of coffee, wifi and some reading in a historic little town. This is it! It! A little taste of paradise is exactly that. Everything fits. If you are looking for that je ne sais quoi on the quiet and quaint for a breather you can find it here. They even have a small and interesting bookshelf in case you decide to stay a while. Stirling was a favorite over a hundred years ago and "A Little Taste Of Paradise" shows you why it still is today.

Reviewed July 13, 2016

I saw a write up on this place in one of those glossy tourist magazines and thought that maybe, just maybe, this might take the place (for us) of our favourite butter tart shop (The Butter Tart Factory) that used to be located in Campbellford (last I heard they were moving north). Today we found our way to Stirling and dropped in to see if this place lived up to the good review that I had read. We picked up a dozen. After all how can you rate a place if you ONLY have one tart? So far I have only sampled two and my wife has sampled three. Tart one for both of us was a lemon tart. I know its not a butter tart but I have always been a sucker for lemon pies, lemon tarts, lemon..... I was not knocked out. It was good but not special. My wife approved of the crust and both agreed that a meringue would have been the 'icing' on the cake. So I was a little disappointed. Tart two for me was a chocolate peanut butter tart built on top of a butter tart base. Yup that was what I was after. I liked the crust this time. I suspect that some of the filling was able to 'soak' into the crust passing some of the fillings flavour into the crust. The chocolate and peanut butter flavours blended well with the sweet butter filling.
I asked my wife about one of the tarts she was eating - coconut raspberry if I remember correctly. One word answer: 'yum'.
The tarts are easily as good as former favourite place - so much so that we wondered if the owner used to work at the Butter Tart Factory. Sadly we were never going to make the much longer trip to see if the Factory was still in operation and thanks to Paradise we won't have to.
We bought a mess of tarts from Betty's Pies between Cobourg and Port Hope and Paradise beats them hands down!

Reviewed July 6, 2016

This cute bakery and café is an awesome place to stop for a treat. We popped in late on Saturday and picked up a mix of butter tarts and a date square for my hubby (one of his favorites). Soooo yummy!! I had the peanut butter and chocolate butter tart .. now I have to go back and try some of the other specialty flavors. My husband was in heaven with his butter tart so much so I could hardly steal a little taste. LOL
Definitely recommend stopping into this cute, friendly, and amazingly tasty little bakery!