All reviews son saura self catering sea view apartment hotel small bay perfect location paella clear water pay euros beach holiday the air conditioning quiet resort year old son bus stop bars and restaurants sun loungers young children
Reviewed September 2, 2018

We booked this resort, whilst our friends booked at a 2 star hotel down the road. There's was better than our 3star beach resort. We had two children and it was 33 degrees, but when we entered apartment it was like a furnace ...even hotter. Both air conditioning units were not working and the fan was only partially working in the bedroom so nothing for the rest of the areas. We asked for a room change, which was refused. We asked Lastminute to intervene and then we got a room shortly after that. However, we were then told that air-conditioning is 12 euros per day. For a week that is an additional 84 euros. Their website does not mention additional costs. Apartment was for 4 people (we paid for three adults and one child, but fan only in one room).

Then the cooker worked on a timer basis (one minute allowed before switching off). Therefore it never gets hot, so can't cook, therefore self-catering out of the window and forcing you to dine out. Kettle is topless without cover so can't even make tea.

We reported problems, but reception staff would give us dirty looks and did not make a sincere effort to resolve problems. It took two days to get an electric kettle (and even that was not working!).

Bathrooms very dated. You don't feel like you're on holiday.

House-keeping staff very nice, but Reception staff very rude. They treat you like criminals! When we asked to see manager, they said there was only one manager and he was off for the day (there's over 150 rooms and no manager?!). Also, only have one building services guy for whole resort.

Food quality is poor and not really worth it. We were bitten in the apartment quite a bit. One of the children is now taking anti-biotics. Lots of insects.

Absolutely useless resort. Would not recommend.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

After paying £800 last minute to stay self catering at the beach club, I was not impressed. Especially seeing it was a 3 star. I feel it was very expensive for what was received. Maid only came twice on a 1 week break. Shower was shocking. WiFi and signal was rubbish. The pool was good and so was the air con, was walking distance to the beach. If you can find somewhere else any cheaper I've stayed in 1 stars that are better! I feel it was priced far too high for the room and what was received.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2018

I had a terrible experience at this hotel, Rude staff and poorly maintained.
The only nice thing about this place is the location
I arrived at about 10pm to be told i did not have a room booked, despite having my reservation email, we then after loads of arguing got a substandard room with no sea view (which i was paying for) . when we got to the room we did not have linen so went to reception and they gave me linen to make my own bed. When paying these prices i would have expected my bed to be made. We also had an argument about the fact that my room included air con and was clear on my reservation.
The next day we were then moved to our correct room with absolutely no apology, in fact in their own words even though they found the reservation the next day was " I was lucky to even get a room"
I would definitely not recommend this place to anyone.

Room tip: Dont book a room
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jason C
Reviewed July 18, 2018

If your looking for a hotel with towels folded into swans and minibar with luxury whirlpool then this hotel is not for you.If your looking for a basic,clean hotel thats getting on a bit but still provides a great service and has the most stunning views and good food.Then this is for you.The hotel personel were all friendly and efficient doing a very hard job.The rooms were basic but clean and tidy.We had room 110 which has a stunning view over the small bay and out over the Med at the back of the hotel.Thus we had lovely cooling sea breezes on and evening and didnt need to use the air conditioning.Wild goats passed underneath our balcony nearly daily.The Bar above the beach does great food at a reasonable price.The little shop in the hotel was cheaper than anywhere else in Son Parc and the staff were friendly and polite.Pool area was excellent.never over crowded and no reserving towels on the loungers.Mixed guests of Spanish,Italian,German and English all well behaved and no lager louts thank goodness.The gardens are well cared for and beautiful.Thank you to the gardeners.All in all we had a wonderful 10 days here.We had no problems with ants in the room as some comments have been posted here.Perhaps because we always washed up our plates and put all food in the fridge?Stunning views,lovely quiet beach and never over crowded.Well worth the money.Best to rent a car as its so easy to get about Menorca.The island has a great road system all in good shape and there are so many beautiful places to see.From the hotel to Ciutedella its 40 mins.To Mahon 20 mins. North to south 30 mins.You can have a morning out somewhere and still have an afternoon on the best beach on the island in front of the hotel.

Room tip: Room 110 has a balcony overlooking the Med.The sound of the waves rolling onto the cliffs and stony beach below the balcony is so soothing.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 867shawnie
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Just come back from a week long family break here and wishing we were back there. All staff friendly & helpful. Waiters in restaurant work extremely hard but are always friendly. Seafood Paella & sangria very nice. Location is absolutely gorgeous looking over a perfect little beach with shallow waters which was ideal for my 4 year old son, he loved it. Pool a good size with three slides. Breakfast good and you can sit overlooking the beach and cove whilst admiring the beautiful view. I would definitely stay here again & recommend especially for families with young children, the beach & sea there is perfect for them.

Trip type: Travelled with family