All reviews outdoor area comfy bed ross pet unit dogs motel hosts accommodation studio pillows
Reviewed May 2, 2017

A nice welcome by the manager to this pet freindly motel. The unit was clean and tidy and is in a handy location for access to central Wellington and the ferry terminal. Helpful directions for local takeaways and directions to reach the ferry departures by the manager.

Room Tip: If you need pet freindly accommodation then this would suit.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

Stayed two nights and wasn't impressed. Relatively expensive for what you get and quite close to the train tracks. Our double bed had a dip in the middle so I ended up sleeping on the single bed. When my wife checked out at 8am, the manager was very rude and obviously not a morning person.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank KiwiReed
Reviewed March 12, 2017

The potential of this motel is enormous, given that it's in an ideal place for travellers both to and from Wellington. From experience, however, allow at least 1-1/4 hours to the CBD if driving on a weekday morning.
Sadly, though, the units themselves are not up to the standards one would expect from such a prime location. We understand the need for ongoing maintenance, but there's no excuse for dirtiness and unwashed crockery & cutlery, so the broken drawers and "sinking" sofa in the lounge can be overlooked.
The shower was good, though, and we had no issues with road or rail noise.
My opinion ? Spending a bit of money, one room at a time, would clearly enhance this property and make it what it should be.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GrayMcGowan
Reviewed February 27, 2017

This was booked by my company, so I had no choice....well, I did move out after two nights.
The units are concrete block with troweled stucco interior walls. My unit, on the upper level approached via some stairs which felt a bit wonky. On the landing, by the next door unit, the signs of a big vomit, probably several weeks ago - could be easily cleared up. The unit door was a slider, and did not give much confidence of security.
The room is time worn - worn carpet, some cigarette burns, e.g. in the hand basin. Chipped paintwork. Just really in need of renovation.
As others have found, noisy train line at back of hotel, although they do seem to stop at a reasonable time.
It also seems that some of the residents are long term beneficiaries. Nothing against them but not a good idea to mix tourist/business guests with this type of business.
I have stayed at worse...but only just

Room Tip: I doubt that any of the rooms are 'good'
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank charteredlossadjuste
Reviewed October 4, 2016 via mobile

Run down, rotting bathroom, dirty & mouldy, terrible layout with bed right next to door, no kitchen essentials crappy tv and no Sky. Trains out back that blare there horn every time they go past and heavy traffic out the front. These have to be the worst motel rooms I've ever stayed in, they are literally that run down and old. I've stayed in motels and hotels all up and down the country, I've had bad ones b4 but this one is off the charts gross. Refused to even get in the shower, and the toilet window was open and bloody broken so had to go outside and fix it myself otherwise everyone walking past my room would hear me go! Disgraceful. Cannot fathom how they can charge what they do for these rooms, it's a $50 2star motel if that.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank no1pokachic
GBakker, Manager at AAA Mana Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2016

Thank you for your comments. All motels undergo continual maintenance and upgrade the units when able. We may be dated, your opinion, but we take exception to your comments about cleanliness as we feel this is simply not so.

This is a motel, NOT A RETREAT, so our location and proximity to amenities is essential, as it is to any motel/hotel. I suggest you do some due diligence in this regard.

The small widow in the bathroom is obviously for ventilation. Also our studio units have a separate lounge with a fully equipped kitchenette - perhaps a small familiarisation with the cupboards would have helped you discover the utensils etc. We prefer to put things away rather than on display.

We have freeview because sky is prohibitively expensive and we do not state anywhere that we have it.