“Nice clean well laid out restaurant”
Review of Hunter and Barrel

Hunter and Barrel
Ranked #16 of 74 Restaurants in Hillarys
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Visited this very nice restaurant last night food and service very good
and staff very friendly
my only complaint is that there should be a measure on the wine glasses
as i felt the quantity a little low

Caitlin S, Guest Relations Manager at Hunter and Barrel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Thank you so much for your review, glad to hear you had a great time. I will also pass your comments on to the management team.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

My son wanted nothing more than to go to this restaurant for his 18th birthday. No party, no fanfare, just dinner at his choice of venue. Simple, yes? I thought I'd booked online and everything was great. We arrived at the appointed time, only to find that there was no booking recorded in our name. BIG disappointment for my boy, and he was probably embarrassed in front of his girlfriend. The restaurant was FULLY booked with a couple of large functions. I was scared that any 'Mum brownie points "I had would disappear. The staff went out of their way to find us a table in record time. My seat faced the kitchen, and even thought the restaurant was fully booked, the staff were all smiling as they cooked and as they served. The food was AMAZING. My son actually apologised to me afterwards for getting me to take him to somewhere "so expensive". I almost kicked him. We had two mains and 3 sides ( I chose two vege side options instead of a main) and we each had a drink. One was a very expensive shot of Scotch (my boy's first alcoholic drink), a very interesting cocktail, and a glass of wine. The whole bill came to $115. NOT an expensive night out at all, given the quality of the food and service. Can NOT speak highly enough of the staff and the food.

So wonderful to hear you had a great time and all details were sorted in the end. Sounded like a very special night for your son, hope he enjoyed the scotch (bold first choice). Thank you so much for your review. Hope to see you again.

Thanks,

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

We just had an early dinner. All meals were delicious. 2 adults and 2 kids. We had a range of dishes - Crispy Pork Belly, Eye Fillet, Hunters Pie and Half Pork Ribs. The Melted Cheese and flatbread as an entree was devine and a definite favourite of all.

Thank you so much for your review, glad to hear you had a great time. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Had a great meal and service was friendly and responsive. Wouldn’t hesitate to go back again and recommend to friends. We had the lamb and the pork - brilliant!

Thank you so much for your review, glad to hear you had a great time and enjoyed the food. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Probably one of the best restaurants we have visited since we moved to WA. Excellent food and excellent service, extremely attentive wait staff, great food. Will definitely be going back!

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, glad to hear you had a great time. Hope to see you again soon.