All reviewsfree moviescoffee cartpool areahervey baytwo bedroom apartmentcoffee podskids poolstayed for nightsking bedhuge balconyurangan pierlovely roommain bedroomstayed longerliving areafraser islandreception staff
Reviewed September 8, 2017

The reviews on this hotel were very good and so far as the rooms go they were right, however it was the little things that let us down. Booked an Ocean View room but got a 'partial ocean view' and was told we could pay extra to upgrade - but sorry none were available. The associated (on site) restaurant told us on it of the meals we ordered had been removed from the menu sometime ago? The previous guest's food had not been removed from the fridge and one of the bathrooms had no toilet paper! All little things, but enough to spoil an excellent rating. BTW - coffee in the reception area was very good - in fact better than we found in the local coffee shops.

Stayed: September 2017
OceansManager, Manager at Oaks Resort & Spa Hervey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Dear Richard G, Thank you for taking time to submit a review, we are located on the esplanade and all our rooms are facing the Ocean except the ones on the ground floor. Our Front Ocean View rooms do require guest to pay extra to secure the room as we only have few of them available which they are our most popular rooms as well. All rooms that you can book from online is our rooms with view however, front ocean ones need to contact us to secure it.

Thank you for loving our coffee cart in the lobby, I will share this with my team
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

The staff and facilities are great. The pool is the perfect temperature and is great for all ages. I would have given a five out of five but the second pool is under refurb and the smoke alarm in our room went off often when we used the dryer which was a bit of an inconvenience. All in all a great time and the perfect view of Urangan Pier, the Esplanade and the ocean.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear David E, Thanks for letting us know about your stay. I am pleased that you found the location and out staff to your satisfaction. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.Thank you

Reviewed September 6, 2017

There are a lot of positives about this hotel. We received a nice welcome when we arrived and the staff were always pleasant. There was plenty of parking. The two pools are lovely. The view from our room was really nice. The cafe at the front of the hotel had a great selection of food for breakfast and lunch (we ate there frequently).

As it was mum and I travelling together, we got a two bedroom apartment.

The main living space consisted of a double seater lounge, dining table, a very small basic kitchen, and the main bedroom. The main bedroom had thin sliding walls so you could open the bedroom up to the living space if you wanted to (although not sure why you would want to.... presumably it was designed this way to let in the natural light). The ensuite for the main bedroom had a big window that didn't have a blind or frosted glass. So you had to close the sliding walls in the bedroom to get some privacy from those in the living room when you wanted to use the bathroom. It's a bit of a strange set up but I think they tried to do the best with the space they had.

The second bedroom was positioned right next to the front door. The room literally contained a small built-in cupboard, a tv on the wall (with all the cables hanging loosely off it), and 2 single beds pushed together. Nothing else could fit in the room. This was the room I slept in and to be honest, it was not pleasant being in there. The rooms aren't sound proof, so all night I could hear the elevator coming and going, people walking along the corridor and traffic in the distance. There was air conditioning in the main bedroom but not in the second room, which only had a ceiling fan. It had a small window but I am not comfortable sleeping with the window open and it would have only let in more noise. So if you are travelling as two couples or friends, one will get the master room which is far superior in size and comfort, while the other will lose out.

The apartment also had a small laundry area and second bathroom as well.

I know that all sounds a bit negative but at the end of the day the room was fine as you don't come to Hervey Bay to stay inside your room all day, so I can see how families would really enjoy staying in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
OceansManager, Manager at Oaks Resort & Spa Hervey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear The_Logocracy, Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am happy to read that you found our staff and pool area are up to your expectation. I have shared your compliments with our staff. thank you

Reviewed August 31, 2017

Upon arriving at this place you could see a clean well presented place. Very friendly people welcomed us and provided knowledge about local events along with locations food food. Quite. Our room on the second floor gave us a view out over the pool with a background view of the ocean. We hired an electric motor scooter to travel around. This gave us transportation to cheaper food outlets like Woolworths, Big W and of course BWS alcohol outlet. This was a saving. The local Saturday regular foreshore market enabled us to buy fresh locally grown fruits & vegetables of which we took to our next stop at Kingfisher Bay Resort on Fraser Island. I would have rated this place 5 star if it was located within walking distance of a general shopping centre. The accommodation price was in my option $15 to much. On booking to other places can be arranged at their reception with no fuss. Free Wifi is good. Would stay their again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above floor 3 looking out over the pool and out to sea.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
OceansManager, Manager at Oaks Resort & Spa Hervey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2017

Dear Graham J, Thanks for letting us know about your stay. I am pleased that you found the location to your satisfaction. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2017

We enjoyed our stay here, a room with a view, restaurant and cafe within the hotel. Close to the beach, lovely pool. A little tricky to find reception but no major problem. Room was clean, modern looking. Would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Lisajohno1985, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review following your recent stay. I am happy to note that you found the view, location and other facilities all to your satisfaction.