This home is perfect for a stay in Corfu. The home is right in the middle of the Island. I’ll do a simple pro and con list to make things easy.
1. Impeccably clean home. The home was absolutely spotless, not a dust spec to be found. It looked like a model home. The pool was perfectly clean as well.
2. AIR CONDITION IN THE BEDROOMS!! The air con was glorious. It was in perfect working order, the bedrooms were ice cold quickly.
3. Enough windows in the rest of the home where you could get a good breeze going. We were there for 7 days with full sun and no clouds.
4. Pivacy. You have this amazing garden with a lot of privacy. You can sunbathe in peace and enjoy the pool.
5. The home is so well equipped, that you can really cook or grill anything you need.
6. The owner and caretaker were both very easy to contact and made the process to book, pay, and arrive seamless.
7. The pool was cleaned halfway through the stay.
8. Great central location.
9. Spacious bedrooms two full bathrooms and one half bath.
10. Pool/beach towels were included.
11. Our flight wasn’t until 4:30 pm they let us check out late without issue.
1. The road leading up to the place is, at first, difficult to drive. It’s a very narrow rocky road. Very typical for Corfu however. It was scary at 2 am when we arrived.
2. The “bed” for a 5th person is very uncomfortable. In the owners defense, we added a 5th person, a child, a week or so before arrival, and the listing says it sleeps 4. If you bring a 5th person, just be aware that it’s a futon type thing and it’s as if you’re sleeping on wood. Ok for a child. This is not a true con, as the owner was very accommodating when we added someone to the booking. She didn’t have to, as the listing clearly says “sleeps 4”
3. Not too much to eat close by the house. We had a hard time finding breakfast the morning we arrived. It would have been great to have a few snacks or fruit to hold us over. We arrived at 2 am starved and nothing was open. There were flight delays, which made for a long day.
4. Trash, the home came with one trash bag, which we filled quickly with 5 people. We didn’t know what to do with it. We searched the closet where the washer is and found black lawn and leaf bags. So we used one of those. Garbage is a problem in Corfu. You have to drive your trash to a bin in town.
5. The listing says washer and dryer but there is only a
washer. There is a small rack to dry things on outside. We thought maybe the washer was a 2 in 1, but it wasn’t.
6. Toilet paper was scarce. Just a little left on each roll. We had to go buy some.
Overall: We had a fabulous time. We would 100% stay here again. The price, location, and accommodation were perfect for us. The owner was great as well as the caretaker. Corfu is beautiful, rent a car if staying here. We used value plus and they did not charge our card €2500 like many other places do. You’ll need a car.
Shop for groceries at LIDL. The one by the airport is probably easier to drive to than the one closer to the home.
Directions to the villa were excellent and we found it with no trouble at all. Alison kept it clean and tidy, she is a gem! In a really secluded and peaceful spot. Car is essential but its also really easy to get around the island as the villa is central. We had a wonderful stay relaxing by the pool.
Thank you so much Helen and Lester G and, of course, Alison.
We would thoroughly recommend this villa to anyone who wants a truly relaxing holiday.
We have recently returned from a two week stay at the lovely Villa Athena, which we all throughly enjoyed. The pool and gardens are well kept and the house it self is tastefully decorated very clean and is well equipped with all you need for a comfortable stay. The bedrooms have air conditioning and celing fans which we were grateful for in the August heat. It is in a remote area which is accessed by a dirt track but you get used to it and it certainly adds to the charm. Very centrally located on the island close to some lovely beaches and aqualand if you have small children. Wifi a bit hit and miss but we don't go on holiday to be on line continully so wasn't a problem.
My self and my family were lucky to spend a lovely week in the beautiful villa. It really is very peaceful with amazing views. The villa itself is very well appointed with all the modern conveniences you might require. All the rooms are spacious, bedrooms have ensuite and all tastefully decorated. There are lots of outdoor seating areas, with well kept gardens and best of all a swimming pool, just what you need for a cool yourselves off. I would say that a car is needed as it is quite rural, but that only adds to the charm of the place.
I recently stayed at Villa Athena with my family, it was the first time we traveled in October, and were pleasantly surprised how warm the weather was, especially nice if you like walking. The size of the villa was excellent with plenty of space to accommodate us all. The villa was well appointed, and included a well equipped modern kitchen. The bedrooms and bathrooms were very spacious, and included a first floor balcony to take in the views. It had a lovely large garden with covered area next to the pool, and a brick built BBQ, which we took advantage of. Slightly closer to the house there was a smaller seating area, well positioned for our early evening drinks. The nearby town of Agios Ioannis, was walkable, but you definitely need sensible shoes and a torch. The local restaurant was very welcoming and friendly, and we loved that they had no menu; served delicious food, cooked in the smallest kitchen, with delicious vegetables grown from their own garden, and served with grilled meat or fish of the day. The local wine was bad either.
You definitely need a car, but the shops and beaches are all within 10 mins drive within most directions.
The owners were extremely helpful, and could do enough to make our stay pleasant.
Thank you Helen and Lester, we appreciate all your help, will definitely be returning next year.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|