“Perfect pizza and pasta”
Review of Tosca Ristorante

Tosca Ristorante
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We have been described by many of our customers as one of the best Italian restaurants they have ever been to (and that's from some Italians!). Frequent compliments and happy customers ensure that we continually strive to maintain our reputation for both quality of food and service. Our passion is our restaurant!
Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

There was nothing to fault at Tosca. Fantastic service and food was faultless. A large group of us went on a Friday night and the atmosphere was buzzing. The pasta and pizza dishes were all really reasonably priced and very tasty. Would definitely recommend it and hope to go back again.

Martin B, Guest Relations Manager at Tosca Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

Hi Charlotte,

We were pleased to read your great view! The Tosca Team get a real buzz from such positive reviews - from the waiting staff to the chefs working in the kitchen.

Thank you writing your review and recommending us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Martin, Guests Relations, Tosca Ristorante Team

Posted on behalf of Enver Godanci, proprietor of the multi-award winning Tosca Ristorante.

Reviewed August 22, 2016

This one goes back to March, where I thought I would order a Calzone take away, which from my understanding is a Pizza folded in half, filled with toppings and served with marinara sauce.

The marinara sauce came in a separate tub, and for me I like to pour it inside of the calzone and mix it with the other ingredients (just my preference). When opened, I was appalled to see a small line of ingredients right in the centre of the Calzone, not even enough to top a whole Pizza. This begged the question, why charge more for a calzone? I could have ordered a Pizza and technically received more food for my money... Isn't the idea of a Calzone to pack it with filling? My partner had one at Tosca in the past (before the renovation), and it was absolutely rammed with toppings and sauce! In fact I believe it even had chillies in, so perhaps that particular Calzone is no longer on the menu anymore?

My picture, if you can imagine what it would look like without sauce, is mainly just a folded pizza base with very few toppings. Call it what you will, but the owner then went as far as accusing me of lieing and 'picking cheese' out of the calzone to make it look like there is less toppings. All on Facebook to see by the way!

In the end another Calzone was delivered to me, albeit a completely different item off off the menu.

I see a lot of management responses on here that always seem to have some sort of excuse for the poor execution of service or standard of food. How about trying to make a direct effort to win your customers trust back by perhaps offering a dinner voucher or a refund... possibly even a free meal? There's just no sense of responsibility in this place...

Never again and wont recommend.

Martin B, Owner at Tosca Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

Hi Liam,

I am a bit surprised you still have an issue with us over this matter. I thought I had resolved this on Facebook back in March when you first highlighted our mistake. For those of you reading this and not on Facebook here is our reply at the time:

“Liam, Thanks for taking time you review and comment. I think you were to fast in writing your review and giving us your rating of 1 star.

After all after few minutes I (Tosca owner) personally delivered you another pizza for which I hope it was to your satisfaction. We do take these kind of comments seriously but in these case I will not accept you complaint due to you unfair comment and rating because on the photo and the pizza you gave me back was not exactly the way it came to you. As I saw and as it is visible on the photo to put on FB it clearly shows that most of the ingredients are missing and signs of the cheese has been scooped out of the pizza.
I have to admit that we do make mistakes however this wasn't one of them as I did or hoped to put it right for you.”

I am aware many high street restaurants will give vouchers in compensation for poor service / food etc. In my experience this rarely helps as the recipient gives the vouchers to friends and family as it doesn’t encourage the guest to return. In your case I made a special delivery to you with a replacement dish, as requested.

Thank you for your custom and I wish you well for the future.

Enver

Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

On the positive side, this restaurant has a really nice setting and the food was very good and well priced.

On the negative side - service is mediocre. We felt rushed from the minute we walked in. When waiters were serving us they were looking elsewhere and not focused. They seemed to want to rush us through our meal and get us out the door.

Overall - good for food and a good location, but not ideal for a relaxed evening out and settling in for a few hours dinner and drinks.

1  Thank scuppercup

Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you for mentioning the nice setting and the food was good and well priced, we greatly appreciate that.

We are sorry you felt rushed from the moment you walked in. We endeavour to give an efficient and prompt service, that many of our regular dining guests like.

You don’t mention whether you walked in or booked a table. Obviously walk-ins we endeavour to accommodate around the booked tables and ensure you are served promptly to avoid delays for booked guests. Also, it depends on which day you dined. As you can imagine Thursday, Friday or a Saturday evening are incredibly busy and we occasionally have a queue at the bar or outside. So sometimes the staff will have to work a little harder to accommodate waiting guests.

We would suggest dining at the beginning of the week, or lunch time to have a more leisurely dining experience.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 16, 2016

We turned up without a booking and there was 6 of us including 2 children. The restaurant was busy but welcoming and we were found a table quite quickly. The staff were receptive and friendly to the children and the service was very efficient. Everyone enjoyed their meal and we would definitely visit the restaurant again.

Martin B, Public Relations Manager at Tosca Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

Dear Chrissie,
We were pleased to be able to accommodate a large family group like yourself at such short notice. It’s good to see the whole families with children dining together, it’s a very Italian thing!

We are pleased too you thought the staff were receptive, friendly and efficient, that will mean a lot to them.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and we look forward to serving you again - soon!

Ciao
Enver,

Reviewed August 15, 2016

Have been to this restaurant a few times now and each time I visit I leave feeling angry. There is one waiter he's the older Italian man who is so rude and obnoxious I wonder why he's allowed to deal with the public (he's probably the owner). He collects the payment for your bill and I swear he has the personality of a ...... (I won't be rude). I think he thinks he's in Sorrento where most waiters are rude and obnoxious but the thing is he's not. He's in a little town in the South East of England.
The minute you sit down the waiters are quickly on you to order drinks and it all feels grasping. We always order tap water and the attitude is always the same they're not impressed. I believe water should automatically be placed on your table and I'm sure if this was the case people would order drinks from the bar as you would feel looked after. Anyway I've wasted enough time on this restaurant but I think you get the jist.

Dear Guest,

We were sad to read your review and the experience you had with a member of staff. We will endeavour to address his attitude, although if it is the member of staff we think it is, his fast efficient approach can be misunderstood. From our experience (see other reviews), our guests generally appreciate a quick and prompt service.

We strongly dispute your reference to our ingredients being poor quality, we source local produce wherever possible and all of the food products we use are of the highest quality. This is one of the many reasons people return to us on a regular basis. You do not say what dishes you ate, so there is no opportunity for us to look in to this in more depth.

We really don’t have a problem with water but only supply it on request, otherwise it’s often wasted.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We endeavour to note your concerns to enhance our future guests dining experience.