Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
US$56
View deal
Algotels
PremierInn.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 14, 2021 via mobile

Prostitutes are working from this hotel (be aware it’s now called the Oyo Tyger) Used condoms and an STI kit were strewn outside our neighbouring hotel door. I reported this to the useless chap in reception and he just shrugged and gave me another room. We were travelling with very young children.

Second room equally grim - we could hear drug users in the room next door this time. Room hadn’t been cleaned, only the bed had been made. Truly abysmal. I had to sleep with a chair against the door as the area was scary and the lock was poor.

The room was so mouldy and damp and smelled so strongly of smoke that my child became ill.

We got out of there quick! Chap on reception still didn’t care when confronted about the drugs/prostitutes/unsanitary rooms.

Took me over a month to get a refund. I emailed every single day and reported them to the local council for breaches in Covid policies.

Avoid…avoid…avoid!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Camper66037442566
Reviewed August 10, 2021

NOTE THIS HOTEL IS NO LONGER A PREMIER INN BUT NOW OYO WHO HAVE OBVIOUSLY LET IT GET RUN DOWN.
Stayed 5th August 2021 - On arrival told I had underpaid by 50p which they asked me to pay and was asked for a £50 damage deposit (this wasn't in the T&Cs but added later and not informed). This would be paid back in 10 days if no damage! Got to the room......Main light switch didn't work, lots of cobwebs around the room and over the curtains, smelt really musty and damp, bathroom dirty, chair broken and after taking my shoes off and found out that the carpet was sopping wet! This totally made a mockery of the damage deposit!!! Once in my room I checked my booking email and found out I hadn't actually underpaid! All Reception said was to contact Customer Services. Even though check-out was at 11.00 at 9.15 housekeeping were knocking on doors to see who had left (as there was no check-out you just had to leave your key in the room)! OVERALL THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE STAYED IN AND APART FROM THE LOCATION WAS GREAT FOR THE WEDDING IN THE HOTEL OPPOSITE IT WAS APPALLING!

Room tip: Wear wellies or don't take your shoes off in any room
Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank 151yvetteh
Reviewed August 6, 2021

Stayed 5th August .
Not happy when £50 deposit needed.
That was more than cost of room

Room 7 grubby carpets , mould in bathroom, dangerous bath handrail .

Very concerned on my deposit taken and photo ud requested .
Told could be 10days to get £50 deposit back.

The pub looked nice adjoined to hotel.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 252cliveh
Reviewed June 26, 2021

Good convenient location. Comfy bed and nice clean room. Breakfast was plentiful and costa coffee was excellent. Throughly recommended Premier as the obvious choice for good value. Much better than the competition!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2021 via mobile

PLEASE NOTE: This is no longer a Premier Inn but is now owned by a company called Oyo. I think all the good reviews on here must be from before it was taken over because the place is now run down and unbelievably shabby. The room itself was large but felt really grubby. The carpet wasn’t clean, the curtain rail was falling off and the fire alarm on the ceiling was covered over with a carrier bag!! The bathroom door didn’t shut, the tile grouting in the shower was black with mould and there was an old razor blade head on the bathroom floor. Whilst the bed looked like the massive trademark Premier Inn-type bed, it turned out to be two single mattresses with a piece of wood down the middle.
I booked it for a family member because I don’t have a spare room at my house - and I was thoroughly embarrassed. We got the impression that the place was being run by a couple of guys who we saw on site and that they were just doing as little as they could get away with. Don’t book it - it’s not worth the money. There’s an actual Premier Inn just a couple of miles away for a similar price. This one is horrid.

Date of stay: May 2021