Eagle Point Resort
US$153
Orbitz.com
US$150
  • Pool
Bontoc Seaview Guesthouse(Mabini)(Great Value!)
US$92
Anilao Scuba Dive Center(Mabini)(Great Value!)
US$32
  • Breakfast included
US$121
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Buceo Anilao Beach & Dive Resort(Mabini)(Great Value!)
US$83
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Solana(Mabini)
US$127
US$171
Agoda.com
All reviewsbaby sharkssepoc islandreef poolboat rideprivate islandsalt water pooltable tennisrock formationshotel roomfishisland hoppingwhite sand beachrelaxing viewwelcome drinkpool siderelaxing staymetro manila
Reviewed January 2, 2018

My family and I were there over Christmas, and we were thoroughly disappointed with the services provided. On our first day, we checked into rooms and only realised that there was no hot water in the evening. The next day, we complained to the management and plumbers were knocking on our door every 15 minutes to come inside to check the water. We spent the whole day talking to the management team and waiting for the plumbers to fix the hot water.

The 3rd day, we went to Sepoc Island. While beautiful, the corals were all dead, and there's really nothing to do besides snorkel and swim. There is no food provided, and we had to order a meal package to be able to have lunch on the island. Leftovers were thrown out to the crows and stray dogs, as you can imagine, not a pretty sight.

The restaurant/cafeteria was probably the best of the lot. Lovely sea views, and passable food.

Our first and last visit.

Room Tip: Avoid. Like the plague.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
EaglePointGM, General Manager at Eagle Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Thank you for taking time in sharing your experience with us.

Rest assured that all other concern has been taken seriously. We have brought this to the immediate attention of the respective departments for improvement.

Your comments are indeed valuable to us, as these help us in our committed effort to exceed guest expectations and create value at every encounter. We are serious about the feedback of our every customer. We assure to serve you better as we welcome you back soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

Overall we enjoyed our stay despite the rain in the first few days and not using the diving facilities, and initially not having had the level of service we expected. We came here for 3 nights after Christmas to relax before flying back home.

When I booked our stay online, I chose two interconnecting sea view rooms for 3 of us for full comfort. I also made a special note with the booking that one of us is a strict vegan and asked them to make provisions especially for breakfast as the resort prohibits bringing in own food and drinks. Upon check in I confirmed that they were aware of my vegan request and they assured me they were.

On our first morning, the buffet breakfast prepared did not have any vegan options except for sliced pineapple, watermelon and garlic fried rice. When I asked for the vegan breakfast I requested I was told that the buffet is all they had and that they could not prepare a separate breakfast. By this point I was not very happy and demanded to see the management. To my surprise no one was available. So I insisted on a free vegan lunch for free given I had given them plenty of notice.

The chef did prepare a nice vegan lunch and for the rest of our stay, he prepared special vegan lunch/dinner and added vegan options like fried aubergines (eggplant) for breakfast on our last day. The rest of the restaurant staff (particularly Aaron!) were very helpful and accommodating. I am so thankful to them for going out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.

Overall the facilities are good, particularly the large bathrooms with rainforest showers, two pools and a rock pool, however the hotel is a little bit tired. The overall service and customer experience need to improve a lot, starting with the food offered. With one restaurant and a menu that does not change except for evening buffet, and that offers limited vegetarian/vegan options, it is not a place to go to for more than 3 nights. I do hope that the chef/management will provide more options, particularly using more locally-produced vegetables.

The poolside is beautiful, but there are no comfortable lounge chairs and towels were not readily available. There was also no service for drinks and we had to go into the restaurant to order our drinks. There is a pool bar but there were no staff available. So it was not conducive to relax by the pool.

Another little thing I want to highlight is the charge they attempted to make at check out for 2 extra pillows we requested as there was just one pillow per bed in the rooms. When I made a point that I paid a fairly hefty room rate (over 6,000 Pesos per room per night excluding tax, with breakfast for two which they charged at the start of our stay), I expected a certain level of comfort in the room and thought it right that pillows should be included. If I was expected to pay for them I should have been told about it. To give credit to the management they did end up waving the fee.

The resort has great potential to be better, even with very little monetary investment. It is all in the service - doing away with charges like extra pillows and making sure that the guests experience a certain level of comfort that reflects on the room rates. The staff are great but they are only doing what the management tells them.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer V

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

We appreciate your effort in reaching us through your review. We find this another good opportunity to identify areas where improvement can be introduced.

Everything that you have shared with us has been noted and being carefully investigated so we could be of better service to all of our guest. However, we hope that you would choose to give us the chance to render a more satisfactory experience by visiting us again.

Reviewed November 24, 2017

A nice resort with good facilities like a swimming pool, table tennis, Karaoke and games. Room was okay, good shower and bed, especially for Philippines standards.

The downside, there is no beach. But rent a boat to Sepoc island or sombrero island!!

Take the a la carte food, much better than the buffet.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
EaglePointGM, General Manager at Eagle Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2018

We are very grateful for taking time to visit Eagle Point Resort and for sharing your experience here at TripAdvisor.

We are happy to know that you had enjoyed your getaway at Eagle Point Resort. Our staff is more than happy to accommodate your needs at all times and at all costs.

Your review inspires us to continually do our best to satisfy our guests. We look forward in welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

4 of us went to this resort stayed for 3 nights in early November 2017. We stayed in two rooms with interconnecting door. Paid about 29k peso for accommodation and additional 10k for food for this trip.

The impression I have after this trip:
1. Driving from Manila to resort is satisfactory until you are near the resort. The signage is impossible to see and the road inside is so narrow...wtf.
2. The whole resort is just a massive run down place
3. Bathroom water pressure is terribly weak
4. Food is below average
5. Never will I ever step foot into this resort again

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matthew L

Thank you so much.

Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here November 2017. Frequent traveler since 2014, thus I have met the best hotels to the worst hotels ever.

Here are my and my family’s experience during our stay.

We arrived night around 7 pm in the reception area. Advisable to hire the best driver going here cause the roads are very narrow and you’ll be driving at the edge of the cliff for 20 mins before you reach the parking lot. During night, there is no road signs or directions so you will depend on Waze or Google Maps. Sad right? There’s no even road lights.

When we arrived the Parking lot, we waited for the shuttle to transfer us to the reception, thank God the driver was so skilled, he practiced already that route.

We paid for the corkage fee since we brought some meals. Rey in the reception and Aaron in the restaurant was very very kind and accommodating. Thanks so much to them, how I wish they can pacify all our bad experiences overall.

The photos on the net, are quite enticing to the people, not until you get there.

Pros:

Staff
They are very accommodating to us.

Restaurant Staff & Facilities
Aaron and Rey gave us extended customer service. Kudos.

View
Good view if you choose beach front

Cons:

Rooms
We booked 2 rooms, and both rooms have smelly Comfort Rooms. Floors were very slippery.

Beach
There’s no enough signages on the beach. There are a lot of sea urchins and garbages in the sea. Please give some warning signs, one guests gave heads up that she was wounded because of stoney beach.

Rat
While we are done with our breakfast, we saw a rat beside the restaurant area. I think that’s in the Pasalubong Store.

Security guards
Busy texting (the one in the beach)

My mom asked the guard in the parking lot.
“Sir pano pag may nakasalubong kami paakyat, tapos sila papunta at pababa palang?”

SG: Babalik po kayo Ma’am.

My mom: Shookt

Reception
-No proper process of checking out.

-We forgot to give the keys to the reception because the Shuttle is waiting for us, so we hurried climbing up to the shuttle waiting area. the usual in every hotel is the reception will ask for the keys before letting us out. We really forgot it unintentionally, of course. Thus, we will return it. I’m sorry about it, also in the wifi issue, sorry too.

There’s so many more bad experiences we had, but we let it go. Because the staff have been good to us. Keep them.

Will I go back?