Hotel La Farga(Setcases)
  • Restaurant
Can Falera(Setcases)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat staffwell run hotelwalkingmealsvillagedinnerpyreneessmile
Reviewed September 29, 2014

Our room was comfortable and clean and it had a reasonable view. We were a party of 14 and we were treated with great care and attention. Frankly I would not have wished to have been sharing the restuarant as we were quite noisey. The orders for food were taken quickly and arrived amazingly quickly too. The Asparagus au gratin was favourite as a starter but very hot presumably from the microwave. Enterocote Steak was massive and really too big. We used the putting course which was fun and the table tennis table looked as if it would be challenging.There seemed to be people staying in motor homes at the front gate who used the hotel for their meals.
Don't they have apple juice in Spain - always seemed to get Pineapple. The walking is wonderful and we in particular enjoyed the walk to Mollo which is no easy feat. The waterfalls at Cossi d'en Batilo are a delight as is the walk that is the continuation, 3 ft snake just below The Cabana on the downward track stopped us in our tracks. Pleasant enough little hotel but the english speaking receptionist makes life much easier.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2014

A beautiful building and a really lovely village but we were disappointed with the restaurant. They require early eating here (a shock in Spain) and pushed us in soon after 8pm and rushed us through. There was a kitchen hand standing beside the waiter who almost ran into the kitchen once we had given our first orders so that the chef could get started on the food! We were all handed the dessert menu as soon as the first person had put the last mouthful of main course in. The food was uninteresting compared to so many other fantastic meals we enjoyed over our three week holiday.

The front desk staff were very kind and friendly!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
hotellacoma, Director de Recepción at Hotel La Coma, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2014

First of all thank you for your valuable contribution and value of your stay in our Hotel. We are pleased that our facilities have been satisfactory.

We welcome your contributions and in this case we regret that our service restaurant has not lived up to their expectations.

We note from our mistakes and work to improve the service. As far as food is concerned, we inform you that we always work with quality products manufactured in our region, we regret that it was not to his liking.

Thanking you once again for your valuable input, we look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Our room was very clean and comfortable, exactly as we expected from what we had read. Nothing fancy but just what we wanted as we were out all day walking and enjoying the fabulous surroundings.
Food was very variable depending on your choice. We found the lamb, goats cheese, steak and trout excellent, the chicken very dry and the sole undercooked. The chocolate desserts were all good and 'whisky, the cake' (sic) had so much whisky poured over it one of our party ordered it 2 nights running. If you order ice cream you get a Cornetto!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank PAHMDH
hotellacoma, Director de Recepción at Hotel La Coma, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2014

Dear PAHMDH

First of all thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to share your experience with other users on TripAdvisor.

It is a pleasure to know that your overall stay was nice. We regret that the chicken you ate was a little dry, being done on the grill is not as tender as in the oven.

Thanking you once again for their valuable contribution, we look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

There are a lot of very nice things to say about this hotel and on the whole we had a pleasant stay, but there are a number of problems that I had not expected based on their website (and the reviews here). By far the hotel's greatest strength is its staff who were kind, able and eager to help at all times. The first impact is extremely positive and it looks like a wonderful property. Unfortunately, once you get past the reception, lounge and restaurant things take a rapid turn for the worse. Access to the rooms is solely via a set of narrow stairs. It was not a big problem for us, especially because the staff helped with our bags, but there were a number of people with baby strollers who had serious problems. When we got to our room it stank of stale cigarette smoke despite the hotel being a non-smoking building. Smoking manners in this part of the world are a bit retrograde, and I am used to a certain lingering stale smoke smell but this was truly unbearable. The manager offered to change our room without our even having to ask, but you would think they would check the rooms before giving them to guests. The room itself was less comfortable than I had expected.
The beds were very short. I am quite tall at 6'5", but my feet stuck out almost to where my knees could bend down over the end. The double bed was not a real double but two singles pushed together so lying diagonal was not an option either.
There was no place to put our bags except the floor and there was barely any available floor space. This is a destination for skiing and mountain sports, so you would expect people to have quite a lot of things to lay out. There was a very nice and spacious balcony but I did not want to leave my clothes outside. Ours was a triple so perhaps in the doubles this is less of a problem.
The bathroom was quite comfortable though the tub was quite small. There were problems with the water temperature which would remain freezing for 5 minutes before the heat kicked in, and then was exceedingly hot. The bidet's cold water was broken so water only came out scalding.
Dinner was very good and the prices were fair for what you got. The buffet breakfast was decent but you must order coffee (or any hot drinks) and it can take up to 10 minutes for it to arrive.
By far the greatest disappointment was the pool/wellness center. I recently underwent surgery on my knee and must do physical therapy exercises everyday. Having looked at the internet site I thought I could do them at the hotel's pool and fitness center and reserved a day at 10€. I was unable to do any of them. While the other shortcomings of the hotel were borderline, this was shameful. The pool is perhaps 9 m by 18 m and 1m60 deep. It is impossible to do any kind of exercise in it. The gym is the worst I have every seen. There are a few dumbells, a cheap cyclette and a cheaper elliptical machine stuffed into a long narrow hallway. There is no internal passage from the hotel to the pool, so you have to walk outside and around the building after swimming which nullifies any sense of well being you might have gained. Even if there was no charge I would find this "perk" of the hotel deceiving but charging 10€ is nearly criminal.
We chose to pay substantially more for La Coma instead of the other hotels in Setcases because we wanted to feel a bit of luxury. La Coma is a friendly 3 star hotel but there is no luxury there. In retrospect it would have been better to pay less and stay in one of the other less expensive hotels in Setcases or stay in a 4 star hotel in Camprodon (it's about 15 minutes farther from Vallter 2000).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cataloamericano
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was looking forward for this weekend in Setcases. I booked a superior room and I expected a wonderful hotel to spend the weekend with my wife. I have to admit I relied too much on the website, so the result was quite disappointing. Keep this in mind if you book a room there: nothing to do with website.
Food for dinner was quite ordinary, not the breakast though: breakfast buffet was absolutely delicious.

• Stayed: May 2013