We stayed here in early June for our honeymoon. The place was very empty, pretty sure there was only a few other people staying there. Everyone was very friendly. We took the elephant, Temple, and waterfall tour with the resort and it was very good. We also took a snorkling tour with the group that was down the way on Railay beach in the little town and that was ok, but very cheap. We found that they took us to a reef that wasn't in great health, but when we went to the "wildlife reserve" island they take you to, they said no good snorkeling, but we found there to be excellent snorkeling. We even took a boat back to it the next day to snorkel some more. Wish I remembered the name, but it is directly in front of you when you're on beach. It was kind of funny because the tour also takes you to Phranang beach and make a big deal about it, so we were glad we were staying here and could enjoy it everyday! We also took the kayak out which was in good shape and was fun. Even though there were not many people at the resort, there were a lot of people coming in from the aforementioned tours and what seemed to be crunchy people, but the security was very good about keeping them on the beach and not in the resort and they weren't really bothersome. One neat thing at night on Railay beach when the tide goes out you can take a flash light out pretty far and see all kinds of crabs.
The food was EXCELLENT! I have thought about it on a daily basis since we left. The restaurants all had a nice atmosphere and the service was superb. And the cooking class was a ton of fun and they gave us recipe cards and some take homes from the lesson. The room was extremely nice, but I wasn't fond of the shower. For the price of this place, they need to re-tile it. We stayed in the hydropool villa and I don't think I would splurge again for that because we only went in it once and only because we felt like we had to. The free internet was good and we were able to use our iphone to call the states for free over it which was nice. Overall it was a great experience and we both loved strolling along the paths and looking in the little ponds at the fish. Everyone at the resort was friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rayavadee's setting on the edge of Krabi's National Marine Park at the heart of the stunning Phranang Peninsula perfectly blends lush foliage, limestone cliffs, white sand beaches and the emerald waters of the Andaman Sea. The resort's award winning architecture and tropical landscapes were inspired by the atmosphere of a southern Thai village. Rayavadee's enchanting two-story pavilions and beachfront villas are spread over 26 acres of coconut groves, their spacious interiors and décor providing unsurpassed comfort for the property's highly discerning guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Rayavadee Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rayavadee Hotel Railay Beach
- Rayavadee Resort Krabi
- Rayavadee Hotel Krabi
- Rayavadee Krabi
- Rayavadee Resort Railay Beach, Krabi, Thailand