“Nice place for vacation”

Railay Bay Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Railay Beach
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Me and my girlfriend spent 3 days in late September. The location is close to the beach and everything you need is available. I have not try other places in Railay but i would assume that this resort has good view and very good foods. The foods are very good with acceptable price. This resort shall be my first choice anytime i travel to Krabi

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nhatdark
Write a ReviewReviews (2,268)

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

My husband had spent the previous week helping build two houses in Krabi with the Habitat for Humanity International organization. It was very hard work in hot and humid conditions. When we were done with the Habitat build, we really wanted to stay in the area to enjoy the beauty of Thailand. We went from a lovely hotel on the main drag in Krabi to Railay. Upon arrival at Railay we were given an orientation by a young lady who also checked us in. It is a sprawling property, so we were given a ride to our cabaña on a golf cart and our luggage was already there. We were in a beautiful two level cabaña next to the pool and steps away from the beach (#42 if memory serves). Comfortable bed, fans and air conditioning, fresh copies delivered daily in the living room space, and the bathroom was elegant and spacious.
However, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the staff. My husband and I have stayed at resorts in the US as well as other world locations and Railay has, by far, the most friendly and professional staff we have ever encountered.
I also want to mention that on our last evening we walked along the beach and found an enclave of little bars, food shacks, and a massage place. We had an amazing meal on this little side path just barely off the beach. To some this area may seem sketchy, but it was open and as friendly as can be. I did not feel unsafe in the least.
We also ate one of our dinners in the cave restaurant on the Railay property. It was lovely, sunset and all.
Some say I would love to go spend a whole week there. It is worth the journey.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gr8tmommy
Reviewed 7 September 2017

My wife and I spent 4 nights here in early September. The location is a short walk to the beach, and everything you need is available within a short walk. There are good bars and restaurants to choose from on the nearby walking street. The rooms are nice, with comfortable beds and good air conditioning. For the price, you can't beat it. Just be aware, this isn't a western-style 4-star hotel. It's a hotel built on a peninsula that is cut off from the mainland. Toilet paper has to be thrown in trash bins, and the tropical climate can make the rooms a little damp. With a beautiful beach and tons of excursion options though, it should hardly matter. You shouldn't be spending much time in your room. At less than $100/night, I'll definitely be going back anytime I need a quick beach getaway.

Room Tip: If possible, a room closer to Railey West would be best.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank David T
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I have not stayed at other places in Railay beach but I would assume this resort has the best view (view from the pool) I was amazed! Sat by the pool and just took all of it in. Had the best seat for the sunset. The room was clean, had everything we needed. Check in and out was very easy. No problems. They were doing renovations while we were there but barely noticed, only when eating breakfast at the hotel restaurant but didnt bother us. Also, we took a long tail boat from Ao Nang and they dropped us off at the beach (west?). Luckily I am a light packer and was able to carry my small suitcase from the boat and through the sand. They have a pier on the other side (Railay east?) which is much easier to use if you have baggage. The hotel can also arrange transportation. We used their services leaving and had no problem getting to the airport. Wish I could have stayed longer! LOCATION is what is all about here! Can't get better than the pool views!

Stayed: August 2017
3  Thank Chelyn Y
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful place, gorgeous rooms and bathrooms, friendly staff and good pool. Only spend one night here but could have easily stayed longer. Only down side was couple in room next door played very loud music till 4am and were unresponsive when asked to be quiet. Railey is stunning but not a great deal to do if staying for a long time.
Would definitely return.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pez1990
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Do not come here and sleep and inhale mold and mildew! THIS PLACE IS A HEALTH HAZARD! first and only bad review I have ever written. I was so shocked by the uncleanliness of this hotel. It markets itself as a 4 star hotel, when it should really be a 2 star. Without notification they under renovation and the poolside was busy with construction. You could only hear drills and hammering, such a shame. Then our room smelt like mold and mildew. So badly that we asked for someone to inspect the room. Their solution was spraying perfume. We left the room because it was too horrible to bear, came back later to find the smell worse. We asked to switch rooms by this point and they downgraded us into a smaller room. We contacted the manager Surayat and he just said we complain too much and was extremely rude. Take your business elsewhere. So many other great resorts on the beach.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
12  Thank globetrotter987123
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Before you book with Railay Bay Resoirt, be aware of the following:

1/ Railay Beach is cutoff from the rest of Krabi and is only accessible by boat. From the airport, you'll need to take a taxi to Ao Nam Mao pier (30min) and then a 15min boat ride to Railay Beach East. From there, it's a 5 minute walk to Railay Bay Resort.
2/ If you’re looking for a lively nightlife, don’t go to Railay.

PROS:
- The resort is right on the beach straddling both Railay Beach West (with the nice beach) and Railay Beach East, where most of the long tail boats dock.
- The beach is gorgeous and relatively secluded - for Thailand (because it is hard to access).
- Food choices are limited. My recommendation is to eat at one of the many restaurants along Railay Beach East as they are more reasonably priced than the few on Railay Beach West.
- The resort is 3-4 stars and there are 1-2 better options in Railay but for the price, it’s ok.
- Railay is relatively family friendly compared to other parts of Thailand (e.g. Pattaya).

CONS:
- Everything is significantly more expensive compared to the rest of Thailand.
- Some restaurants don’t serve alcohol.
- There isn’t much to do in Railay at night.
- There isn’t much shopping either, if you’re into that. People come to Railay for the climbing and for the beach. Not much else.
- Breakfast is really basic.
- The hotel is worn out.
- The resort has a weird Happy Hour: from 8 to 9!
- It can get crowded during the day with day-trippers coming by long tail boats.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay in a room near Railay Beach West (the good beach)
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
0.1 km away
Sand Sea Resort
Sand Sea Resort
#4 of 12 in Railay Beach

Been to Railay Bay Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!