“NICE PLACE”

Add it.
Fortune Restaurant Ltd.
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Bay Roberts
Reviewed 25 August 2017

great place good food ,,,was there when it opened ,,was excellent ,,,fortune pot was always my favourite ,,,good people ,,,good staff ,,,great food ,,,

Reviewed 13 July 2017

My husband and I had wanted to try Fortune for a while. Whenever we drove by the restaurant the parking lot was always full. We finally tried supper at Fortune after we both worked hard all day. The restaurant wasn't busy as it was quite late on a Thursday night. It was approximately 8 p.m. There were 2 other tables just finishing up their meals when we arrived.

Pleasantly surprised at the decor. Nice lighting with the wall sconces, yellow table cloths and ornate black chairs. The dining room was very nice. Fast service from our waitress. She took our drink order while we looked at the menu. The prices were a little more than I was expecting. I hope the food lived up to the prices.

We ordered the dinner for two $45.00 Consisting of won ton soup (really tasty non-greasy chicken stock and yummy won tons) 2 egg rolls (they were delicious and home made with non-greasy wrappers), almond guy ding (again delicious with tender crisp vegetables), chicken fried rice (with no green peas-I hate peas in general) the rice was so-so and sweet and sour chicken balls (they were just ok).

With 2 ginger ales, tax and tip it was $65.00.

The food was tasty. We will return to try the Cantonese chow mein. Like every Canadian Chinese restaurant out there you can order "Canadian" food if you don't like Chinese food. Most Canadian Chinese restaurants offer your typical burger and fries, but Fortune had a pork dinner on the menu. Hmmm maybe we will have the pork and Cantonese chow mein next time we visit