“Incredible!”

Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Barcis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2017

We stumbled upon this lovely little restaurant on the way to our awful agriturismo stay at Pian dei Tass. Seeking true refuge, we had lunch at Rifugio Vallata. They blew us away with the quality of the food and the attentive service. We were so impressed that we booked breakfast with them the next day. They didn't disappoint, providing us with a tasty and high quality meal that powered us for a full day of hiking. They source their meat and vegetables from local producers. They make their own bread and jam. You can watch the magic through a large window open for all eyes to see.

1  Thank aioux

Reviewed November 5, 2016

Very good authentic northern Italian (Friuli) cuisine.....variety of cold meats and cheeses for an antipasto, pasta and fogoli soup, and wild boar and polenta as a main....my mouth is watering just writing this. Very quaint modern restaurant tucked away on the backside of Lago di Barcis. If it wasn't for some locals I don't think I would have ever found it. Went there for a Saturday afternoon lunch with family and good thing we made reservations as they were turning people away. Service and food was excellent. I believe they also have a few hotel rooms upstairs, but can't comment on those.

1  Thank EiniDB
Reviewed September 29, 2016 via mobile

I've been here many times and it's always a pleasure. For the idiot who gave the poor review titled "Horrible" and said they weren't seated because they were American, I can tell you you usually need a reservation because there's limited seating. That moron probably didn't have one and the other parties did.
BTW, I'm American and always get a table. I'm glad that person won't go back because I'd hate to sit next to a stuck up snob like that. It would ruin my appetite.

3  Thank Benelli_Tornado
Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

This is one of those great finds. As you drive along the mountain road all of a sudden there is this beautiful locale.
Dropped in last minute and luckily they were able to accommodate 2 of us. It is very small inside however they have beautiful outside sitting areas but that night it was too cool.

Food was super. Had the charcuterie board for starters and that evening there were gnocchi with two different sauces. Both excellent. One comment only and that was that some salt was required when cooking the gnocchi.

Good wine selection as well. Had a local Merlot which was excellent.

Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

We've been here many times before but today they refused to seat us. They sat other people but wouldn't allow us to be seated. Absolutely unacceptable. I'm going to assume it's because we're American.