“Nice, but not exceptional”
Review of Seagars Cooking School and Cafe - CLOSED

Seagars Cooking School and Cafe
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Seagars is owned by New Zealand Cook Book author Jo Seagar. The business includes the Seagars Cafe, Cook School, Kitchen Store and B&B Accommodation.
Reviewed May 17, 2015

Took my mother there for lunch after a country outing.

Mother had a lentil or bean and tomato based soup which she declared very tasty and I had a feta salad which was nice but not especially tasty.

We finished off with a coffee and a shared piece of cake - hummingbird I think. The cake was delish - the highlight for me!

I'd expected great things. I wouldn't say I was disappointed, but there was nothing out of the ordinary.

Service was OK, but a little disjointed. We weren't sure what to do when we walked in and the staff seemed a bit lacking in confidence.

I wouldn't go to Oxford to eat there, but it is a pleasant enough spot for lunch if you;re passing through.

Reviewed May 12, 2015 via mobile

Ss a couple we were staying in the area and thought what a great place to go to. On entering the cafe we were greeted by a short blonde woman who needs a lesson in customer service ( it costs nothing for a hello and smile)
We had a lovely muffin and very average coffee. Probably wouldn't return.

3  Thank viclindz
Reviewed May 7, 2015

We enjoyed our lunch here recently. The cafe is atractively decorated, the staff friendly and welcoming and the food was very good. I think it is possibly a little overpriced compared with many others in the Canterbury area but it was a pleasant meal and day out at Oxford. The town has grown and has several other quality shops and lovely views

Reviewed April 25, 2015 via mobile

Absolutely outstanding, despite a few mixed reviews I have seen. Bacon and eggs to die for, coffee so good that two wasn't enough. Great service too.

Reviewed April 23, 2015

Food here was fabulous could not fault it but the services was Shocking. Having to chase up the waitstaff for every thing and even having to ask for menus, & finally just taking your order up to the till because no one came over to be told they will take your order at the table, a bit of a shame considering it's such a fantastic little place.