“Forgot to praise this place !”
Review of Newlyn Filmhouse

Newlyn Filmhouse
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Newlyn
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Description: A Cafe Bar upstairs in Newlyn Filmhouse. We serve freshly prepared and locally sourced hot and cold food, such as Mezze, Dahl, Soup, Chowder, Fish dishes, Grilled Chicken, Blackened Salmon, Grilled Duck Breast, Fillet Steak including Vegetarian, Gluten Free and Vegan options. Also available are salads and other seasonal dishes. We serve home-baked cakes and locally produced Moomaid ice cream. Beverages including Monmouth Coffee, Teas and alcoholic or soft drinks.
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I have only just realised that we have been here quite a few times now, usually pre-or post film, and I haven't written a review. We have always had wonderful food in a nice atmosphere, and the staff are so very good, efficient and friendly. My friends and I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant. Perhaps I shouldn't say, but I expect they should charge a bit more !

1  Thank Sam B

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

What a lovely little cinema. Has a nice cafe/bar with what looked like great food. Nice variety of drinks that you can take into the screen. Seats super comfy and include sofas. As somebody who is quite short I really appreciated the pitch so my view not disturbed at all. Will definitely be back and will try the food next time

1  Thank emscie
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Looking for a peaceful spot for lunch in busy Newlyn on Bank Holiday Monday during the Fish Festival. Been meaning to visit the Filmhouse since friends have given it rave reviews. They were right! Imaginative conversion of former fish store, great setting overlooking the Newlyn River. Fabulous Cornish crab salad, beautifully presented, tasty pulled pork burger and scrumptious fries. Impeccable service, stylish cuisine. Very reasonable prices. Will be back for a movie and more.

1  Thank angieflan
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

The staff, the cinema, the food, the service are all amazing! Such a hidden gem. The facilities are very clean and the whole atmosphere is fantastic. The prices are very reasonable considering the quality. I only wish I had found this at the start of my holiday.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

How excited I was when this cinema opened. It is how a film experience should be small intimate cinema comfortable seating including sofa seating no noisy food allowed. Instead a lovely bar restaurant for before or after -- and not just great films but performances from The National the Almeida Opera and Ballet. What delight in an unusual setting.

1  Thank Tish A