“A treat not to be missed,”
Review of Jelberts

Jelberts
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Newlyn
Reviewed September 6, 2017

Not a restaurant. No seating. Really lovely homemade ice cream at a very reasonable price to go. Queues are quickly dispersed by very efficient, friendly staff. Don't pass by, give yourself a treat.

1  Thank Moira9851

Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

Maybe l have eaten too many ice creams in Italy or Argentina. Maybe my own homemade ice cream is better than I thought. Whatever the reason I can only say that this watery rather tasteless ice cream is very poor.. ..and to make the experience even worse it is served in the cheapest cones available. The walk to Newlyn was great but this place is not worth the detour.

Reviewed September 1, 2017

I'm a great fan of eating ice cream outdoors and try out as many as I can over the summer. When in Cornwall I am almost guaranteed great ice cream. For the first time we visited Jelberts this summer and had their one flavour only vanilla ice cream. My goodness, I was transported to my childhood to my Mum's homemade ice cream! The texture and taste were exactly as ice cream should be. Simply delicious and great for my wellbeing! Such a shame there's only one Jelberts.

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

Our relatives recommended Jelbert's with the clotted cream so we were under orders. Thank you cousins. It was amazing, everything and more - you only get the choice of vanilla homemade ice cream but you have to have the clotted cream too - divine.

Reviewed August 25, 2017

As always excellent ice cream and the clotted cream just makes it even better. No visit to New.yn is complete without a visit to Gilbert's

1  Thank Andy P