Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 14, 2019

Hotel is undergoing renovation and pool was not operational but the rooms were clean and staff very helpful. Had a problem with the air conditioner in one room and it was fixed right away. Hotel is directly across from the beach and a short drive to Mount Morro. If you are looking for economy this is an excellent hotel and the pool and renovations were very near completion at the time of our stay. Breakfast included and was good not your go to the lobby for a continental breakfast but a sit down meal.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed April 19, 2019

This hotel is at a really good spot. We reserved the room and then paid when we got there. There was a note when we booked that the hotel collected a $100 dollar safety deposit. That did not happen. Check-in was a little weird, but other than that we enjoyed our stay. We only stayed one night. We have two small kids, and they enjoyed the little playground while we relaxed after the drive. Then we walked across the street and went swimming in the Ocean. We had dinner there that night and it was really good. They have killer mosquitos and biting gnats though, so be prepared. THe next morning we had the provided breakfast, eggs and toast. great. We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

The hotel is older, the staff are nice food was ok. Room was ok but I was eaten alive by what I’m thinking are bed bugs. I told the mgr twice and he tried to play it down so I said I’d be doing a review he didn’t seem to care so here it is folks nice place to stay don’t count on the mgr to care if you leave in one piece over twenty bites on my left arm alone even under my watch

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed January 26, 2019

I've stayed both here and at Hotel Marbella across the street. Marina Del Mar has a very pleasant lobby seating area next to the dining room. It's a good place to relax with a VERY cold bottle of Presidente. I had a single room with 2 beds. The one I slept in was comfortable and the place was quite clean. Private bathroom is always a plus although you may have to wait to see if you get hot water. Overall, the public areas of the hotel are quite nice, the room I was in, somewhat less so. Staff does not speak much English but everything eventually gets sorted out. Internet is sketchy. But overall it's good value for the money.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2017

We stayed in this hotel for 2 days. Like much of Monte Cristi, it has probably seen better days in the past. However, it is a convenient place with friendly service and good food. The view of the ocean and El Morro is spectacular. In conclusion, it was the perfect hub for us exploring the region.

Date of stay: March 2017