Little Bay Cabins(Little Bay)(Great Value!)
US$75
Orbitz.com
Richie's on the Beach(Little Bay)(Great Value!)
US$46
Sandy's By The Sea(Little Bay)
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmy husband and ilobsterdestination weddingmontego baydoctor birdblue holerick's cafered stripefood was wonderfulporridgereal jamaicasteel drum bandour honeymoondream come truevery special placedown the roadgoat
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I don't no where to start, Jamaica was the best place I have visited and I realy can't wait to go back! Our stay at the Coral Cove Resort in Little Bay was so beautiful it made it hard to leave. My husband and friends are already trying to get a another trip together. We were treated like family from the minute we stepped foot onto the resort. I want to give a very special thanks to ALL the staff for makimg our stay so relaxing and fun! I truely feel like we made lasting friendships with the staff. Kiesha, Donald, Sean, Richie, Richard, Sonya,.....ALL of the staff was so accomidating and sweet! They helped make the wedding fun, once that music came on we had so much fun, I keep saying how much fun but it's true. the only downfall was the trio was too short, hopefully when we go back it can be for a little longer. george tok some of us on a cave tour on his boat and on the way we stopped to see some dolphins and then headed to Ricks cafe...my husband did the 65 foot jump!!! I couldn'd beleive my eyes! my heart was pounding but it looked fun, I was too drunk and too scared to jump,but maybe when I go back I can do the 35 foot. Well I can't say enough I highly recommend Coral cove to my other friends and family. Thanks again! Love and miss you guys!
Carla-Detroit Mi

1  Thank Carladub
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I just stepped off of the plane in Detroit after spending an incredible wedding week at Coral Cove with a group of 21 and I have never been so heartsick to leave a place. I can't say enough about this place.

Staff; The staff were all genuine, attentive, and just really fun to be around. They're all excellent at what they do, and happy to do it. The kitchen staff, the bartenders, the servers, the housekeeping...I just could not have asked for more. You cannot leave this place without falling in love with them. They really make you feel like family.

Rooms; Gorgeous, spacious, and kept impeccably clean. I already miss the smell of the linens and the giant open air shower. The housekeeping staff here, are some of the hardest working I've ever met. Tip them well :) The treetop suite was air conditioned, but we didn't need it at all. The view and the sound of the ocean, the breeze at night...who would ever shut those windows!?

Dining; Even if the food wasn't absolutely amazing (and it was, don't get me wrong), you'd fall so madly in love with Keashea, Sonya, Sean, and Elaine that you wouldn't care! That said; the porridge, the fresh fruit, delicious coffee, all of the fish, veggies, rice and EVERY kind of soup...I loved it! Loved!!!! It isn't ever rushed, never feels formal, and they're super accommodating to special requests. My fiance asked for lobster, and we ended up with more than we could ever eat! The bartenders are so quick, and the fruit drinks are great. Richard, Yeng, Donald, Richie...some of my guests can be hard to keep up with, but they managed it with a smile.

Location; I absolutely love the location. I went running off property every morning, went for walks down the road in the evening, and met some of the coolest people on the way. I felt safer there than I do in suburban Detroit! Bob Marley's place and the Blue Hole are in walking distance and are definitely cooler than any tourist attractions in Negril. Georgie took us on a cave tour and to Ricks cafe by fishing boat, and took us dolphin spotting, and another time we drove into Negril which took no time at all. So if you want to check out the typical sights, it's not far. My ONLY issue with the location was that Sunday night there was a little bar down the road that had some pretty insanely loud dance music (the bass actually shook our walls a bit!). But it was just the one night, and I managed to fall asleep anyhow. I would rather have one night of noise from a local bar than 7 nights at a resort full of tourists and pretense. This place just feels authentic, and it's surrounded by the "real" Jamaica.

Value; As with any all-inclusive, Coral Cove is not cheap. I love that the owner gives back to the local community and hires the local people to run the place, so I don't mind. Our group was given a discount for booking 10 rooms, and when my dad couldn't make it due to health problems, they refunded the difference for his room without pause. We are pretty novice traveller's, and so when we read that gratuity was included, we took it at face value....but we ended up spending a lot in tips because we weren't sure how the gratuity was split! Worth it though, the staff here deserves it.

Wedding Services; All I can say is that they went above and beyond my expectations. The site was gorgeous, the food was delicious, the cake was amazing, and the all-around atmosphere was HAPPY instead of stuffy and formal. It was a celebration from start to finish. I haven't looked at the pictures yet, but Richie really seemed to want to get the best shots he could as opposed to just clicking away to get it over with...I have a feeling they'll be great!

I've already had guests calling to say they want to schedule a reunion visit, and I couldn't agree more. I would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed February 22, 2011

I can’t say enough good things about the recent two-day trip my sister and I took to Coral Cove in the beautiful little fishing village of Little Bay. Every aspect of our vacation- from our arrival and journey from the airport to the resort, to the attentive personalized service we received from the owner and staff, to the delicious food and drink, to the incredible views, the nearby adventures, to the amazing room- everything was far beyond our expectations.
Before I begin to get into details, I’ll say that if you’ve ever been described as pretentious, be prepared to leave it at the door. This place does not carry an ounce of pretentiousness- and what a breath of fresh air. Since I fully intend to return, I also say that for my own benefit.
The journey began with Richie meeting us at the airport and heading out in the van up the Long Hill and over a beautiful mountain road to Little Bay. The ride took about two hours but was abbreviated by a stop for some Red Stripe and another stop for some of the best jerk chicken and pork we’ve ever had. The ride itself is interesting and picturesque; you really do get to see the real Jamaica. During the car ride, Richie asked us what we’d like to do, and plotted out plans for the brief 48 hours we were to spend on the island.
When we arrived, we were warmly greeted by the owner, Steve, and quickly checked into our room. We were shocked to see the size and beauty of the room in person! We stayed in Mama Beach- a 2 room suite with a large front room that opens up to a huge half-circle terrace looking right out on the cove. There’s an open window from the front room through to the bedroom, so the fresh ocean breezes were coming through all night long- I have never slept better in my life. The mattress was very comfortable as was the bedding. The room even has a sleeping loft if you need extra space.
We were settled in time for dinner and quickly got to know many of the other guests as we were invited to join the owner and some other guests at their table on the first and second night. The place really has a family atmosphere and gives off a very warm and welcoming vibe. The food was delicious both nights- especially that langostine! After dinner with the backdrop of an amazing sunset, we joined some other guests and headed over to the tiki bar to watch the last of the sunlight drain from the sky while enjoying some of Yeng’s famous rum drinks. That night, we finalized our plans for the next day- which included fitting nearly everything to do in the area into one day- quite a challenge, but we were up to it.
We were up at 8 on Saturday and went down to get the coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice that was already waiting for us. After exploring the shore, we sat down to eat at 9:30 and enjoyed yet another lovely meal. We were then picked up by our tour guide, Yeng, to head out by bike to see Bob Marley’s house- about a mile down the road; maybe less. The walk back to the house was a fun little adventure. I recommend sneakers if you want to try it, but it’s most definitely worth it. It looks like it’s being turned into a tourist attraction sometime in the near future, so it was really neat to see and experience it without anyone else there. On the way back, we stopped at a sink hole in the ground where there’s a little cave filled with fresh mineral spring water and took a dip. That was one of the best experiences on the island. From there we went to one of the shops owned by a local woman and bought some trinkets to take home for family and friends, as well as a few Red Stripes, of course. Next we hopped on the back of a motorcycle and went down the road about three miles to the Blue Hole where we jumped (a few times each) 20+ feet down into another hole filled with fresh mineral spring water. Blue Hole also has a tiki bar and swimming pool. We were back at Coral Cove just in time for a delicious lunch of a fresh fish wrap and were off again, this time with Richie and Yeng on Richie’s beautiful red and white boat. We stocked the boat for the trip and headed down the coast toward the tourist destination of Negril, about 10 miles away. Along the way we saw the famous caves and resorts of Negril lining the shore. We pulled up to Rick’s (a famous bar on the cliffs in Negril where you can jump off) and swam up to the ladder, climbed to the top, and made a few jumps off the cliff before climbing back up again and enjoying a few drinks at the bar. When we were finished, we jumped back off the cliff and swam out to the boat and drove off. This was also one of the highlights of the trip and I would highly recommend booking Richie for a personalized boat tour. It was fantastic!
We were back to the resort, once again, in time for our meal, which we enjoyed with the owner, Steve, and some of the other guests. After dinner, we had a few hours to clean up before being picked up once again for the next phase of our sight-seeing, which was to see some live reggae music in Negril.
The next morning, we had some time to do some snorkeling in the cove before it was time for Richie to take us back to the airport.
I also wanted to address a safety concern brought up by another guest reviewer and will say that we were two females traveling alone and not only felt safe, we were 100% safe all of the time. The local community may be poor compared to US standards, but that doesn’t make the people scary or threatening. Far from it- they were some of the warmest people I’ve ever met and deserve to be treated with dignity and respect like anyone else.
So, the conclusion is that Little Bay CAN be done in 48 hours- the hard part is leaving once that time is up. I really wish we had more time, but I’m already in the process of planning my next trip and plan to return many times in the future. I can’t say enough good things about this place. I hope more warm, friendly and unpretentious people will decide to make Little Bay their home away from home. It’s so good to be able to get to know the local people and to put dollars into their pockets and local economy.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed February 21, 2011

My husband an I spent there 10 days in February, for our first time, and would LOVE to come back. It was almost a gamble for us, coming from Chile, South America, to go to such an unknown place, but we decided to take the risk and we were not dissapointed at all.......everything was beyond our expectations. I must mention specially the warmth of the staff and of the other guests, we made very good friends that we will not forget.
The staff was always willing to help and please, for instance, one morning I just asked if it was the season for lobster, and that same night we had lobster for dinner!!!

I must be sincere and say that this is not a place to go if you are looking for the experience of a big resort. This is a place where you can have a real Jamaican experience, but most of all, it is a place where you can rest and enjoy just swimming, snorkeling, taking sun baths, eating good and healthy jamaican food, very far from noises or monitors trying to get you into different activities. Here is the place to have peace, silence, not fighting with anybody to get a chair in the sun.

In sum, our experience was outstanding and we are dreaming of going back.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2011

There are many people who wish to have a wonderful holiday away from the big hotels, big cities. Coral Cove is the place to go. Although remote that is a good thing...one gets the real flavour of Jamaica, has the opportunity to meet the Jamaican people, can enjoy the peace and beauty of the island. There is no reaon to be concerned about safety, the staff were always aware of who was on the grounds and there is a night watchman. We have never thought or been worried about our safety.
We just returned from our third trip to Coral Cove. This time we took our grown children and two grandchildren. It was a great holiday and everyone at the resort helped to make it a superb holiday. They had everything for a 5 months old baby, catered to the special diet our daughter was on, came through on any request we had. They offered to take us to various places such as ziplining, to Negril by boat. You name it they will take you.
The meals are delicious, and give you a taste of Jamaica. First thing in the morning there is coffee, tea, juice and fresh fruit available. About 9 am there is a yummy full course breakfast. Lunch is casual with many choices. You can eat anytime between 12:30 and 2. Dinner is a sitdown affair with four courses. And every night it is scrumptous. Everyone eats at the same time which is nice as you have the opportunity to chat with the other guests. To eat by the sea on a starlit night is spectacular. We were there for Valentines Day and much to our suprise there was entertainment, a delicious meal of lobster and the tables were beautifully decorated. It was a very special night.
The pool has yet to be constructed as there have been delays due to a hurricane last November but one does not need a pool even with small children. We had a 5 month old, 10 year old and there was another child who was 2 years old. There were no problems with them in the water.
We have travelled around the world and I will say that Coral Cove is a favourite of mine. It is one of the few places I have been where I have had a relaxing, peaceful holiday. I felt like royalty being served wonderful meals, catered to if I asked for something a little different. The staff are wonderful local people. They have lots of folklore and other stories to tell. They will explain their culture and way of living in Jamaica. They always have a smile on their face and are so very polite.
I can only strongly recommend Coral Cove to everyone. I have been there three times and can honestly say that each trip was a joyful experience.