“Lovely”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodford
london
“Lovely”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stayed at Packfords last night with my partner and had a really enjoyable stay. The staff are friendly the rooms are immaculate (as was the rest of the hotel) and the breakfast was great. We are hoping to have our wedding there so checked out all the function rooms which are perfect and much larger than what it looks on their website. The bed was so comfortable I wish I could have had a lie in! The garden is fantastic with a little wendy house and rose bushes and winding paths, its so pretty, really picturesque. I couldn't think of anywhere nicer to get married, it suits us perfectly, I will not be looking at anymore venues! The only down point I would say is there is that the room was quite hot in the night and I woke up feeling quite uncomfortable at one point, perhaps they need to turn their heating down a bit. All in all though absolutely lovely, I was very impressed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank angela s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
london, near manchester
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We could not have made a better choice than Packfords for our wedding reception. The venue itself is excellent, the food was wonderful, and the standard of service could not have been better. The perfect setting for a perfect day.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank strawman99b
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I needed to find somewhere to stay near Woodford Green and as I don't know the area at all went from the reviews written on Trip Advisor. I was so glad I chose this hotel as it was so lovely! All the staff were really accomodating and friendly. There was parking which was great and my room was absoultely spotless! The bathroom was also large and of a high quality.
Breakfast in the morning was lovely, although I was in a very big rush so didn't get to enjoy it as much as I could have. There was lots of cereals and fresh fruit (pineapple, grapes, strawberries etc) and a lovely cooked breakfast.
All in all it was a lovely stay and would stay there again if I ever had to be in the area- It was wonderful!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank teacherhelen24
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I liked Packfords. I had a double room with a comfortable bed and a beautiful bathroom with black and white tiled flooring and a deep bath which stood on the tiles on silver feet. My room overlooked quite a busy road but this did not disturb my sleep. Breakfast was fine and the coffee very good indeed.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the garden would be best.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank FlyingScotsman95
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I attended a wedding here and the whole day was perfect! Everything ran extremely smoothly, the staff were excellent, descreet and very accommodating. The hotel has been decorated very tastefully and the rooms have a real charm. Would highly recommend!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank julia s
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 August 2011

This was a brilliant find! Really nice hotel in quiet area but only 30mins to Oxford St on Central line!! Such friendly helpful service, great breakfast, very reasonable price. Really nice setting, was so pleasant to sit in the garden drinking Pimms. Close to shops, several good restaurnts (Chutney and Rosso were great) and 5 mins walk to station. Couldn't recommend more!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ghostwriter28
Wirral
Reviewed 4 March 2011

We stayed for 3 nights while working long days in London. Everywhere was spotless and the beds very comfy so we slept really well. Good quality bacon and sausage, nicely cooked in the morning. Strong water pressure and very hot water. Staff were efficient, smiley and unobtrusive. A few minutes walk from Woodford Station which is on the Central Line, very handy for anywhere in London. The only faults you could find were a lamp that didn't work and we did get charged slightly more than the original amount quoted. (We didn't pick up on this until later as the person who paid the bill had not made the booking.) Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank LisaTWirral
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodford
2.3 km away
3.3 km away
Gilwell Park
Gilwell Park
#3 of 4 in Chingford

Been to Packfords Hotel? Share your experiences!