“Exceptional steaks!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2020

Cosy restaurant. The service was always very good and we weren't left waiting for anything, even though every seat in the place was taken.

I started with the beef carpaccio, which, to be honest, was a tiny bit bland, although they certainly didn't scrimp on the servings! But when the steaks turned up this was forgotten about; perfectly cooked, thick, juicy fillets, with just the right amount of seasoning. In some restaurants the steaks just taste of cooked meat - but these tasted of the succulent steaks they should be. Perfect. The best steak I've had for a number of years. The chips didn't look great, but again, were excellent. Even the salad was very enjoyable! We chose a very well priced Chianti which complemented the meal superbly. If the weekend trains ever start running again I'll definitely be coming back for the same again!

All-in, we paid just over £100 for 2 starters, 2 fillets plus side dishes, 2 small beers and the bottle of wine. A very good price for an exceptional meal.

We'll be back!

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank mikeT3539DB
Write a reviewReviews (427)

Reviewed January 11, 2020

Great location, great company.
Great round table.
Wonderful menu, excellent staff.
Clean toilets.
Certainly will return..

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank vanner264
Reviewed January 7, 2020

Went to Antica Roma with a party of twelve for New Year's Eve. It was an excellent set menu with three courses. I was surprised how splendid and expensive-looking.the menu was. I started with Beef Carpaccio and then Lobster and Pasta. I finished off with Tiramisu. The potions were substantial and everything was extremely well-cooked. The restaurant was packed but the staff was attentive and always on hand. They were enjoying themselves as much as their customers. There was even an excellent female singer who got the dance floor filled. I will contently be going to this restaurant again throughout the coming year and especially at next New Year's Eve.

2  Thank David S
Reviewed December 29, 2019

First visit at Sunday lunchtime. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Restaurant had a lovely, warm atmosphere. Menu had loads and loads of choice and a good solid set menu plus some Sunday Roast options. My fillet steak (in Diane Sauce) was the best I have had in absolutely ages. Very reasonably priced too. Really lovely!!!

2  Thank nriches
Reviewed December 21, 2019

I am not one to usually write a review, but my god, this place is amazing.

The calamari was the best I’ve tasted in the UK. Lobster was beautiful and everything was cooked fresh. The staff were funny, friendly and on point. Cannot recommend those place enough!

1  Thank D2715OZleeb