I just came back from Cerritos Surf Colony. It was exactly what I had hoped it would be, though even more beautiful. I had read the other reviews and went prepared for some inconsistencies -- the uneven lawn, the cold weather, the erratic electricity and hot water. The lawn is now pristine and tended to daily. I wore an extra t-shirt at night and was fine. I didn't notice if the electricity went out. And showers were lovely and hot in the morning.
I arrived in SJD and drove up -- rented a car which was very cheap (not sure if it's priceline or Mexico). Glad I did, Todos Santos is up the road and magical beaches are everywhere, including one where local fishermen bring their haul, fresh out of the ocean filleted grouper for 40 pesos. Perfect. The villas are on a little bluff a bit above the sea, the views are terrific, the sea was warm, totally swimable. On the drive up from Cabo, I stopped at Mega -- a terrific supermarket and stocked up on food. I thought I would need to having read the reviews. I wished I had bought less because guests raved about the food.
I had a two bedroom two storey villa. The views were unbelievable. Ike extended an open invitation to the incredible hotel on the hill for drinks and whale watching. I took him up on it and ended up talking the evening away with some others staying at the hotel and at the villas. It's a super quiet place -- I only twice heard any noise related to construction: a saw that went for literally three minutes tops, and some hammering that sounded more like a sliversmith's hammer than a builder. It also didn't last long. The sound of the ocean pretty much drowns everything out.
All the guests are friendly, probably because they are so happy to be there. You will be denying yourself if you don't check this place out. I'm looking for the next time I can go. It's great if you're on your own, with friends, with your honey, and with your family and kids. The beach is ENDLESS. It's incredible. I'll post pictures in the morning. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cerritos Surf Colony is located on world famous Cerritos Beach with a reputation frequently noted in Surfer Magazine for champion surfing. Cerritos Beach is the best beach in Cabo, and voted first runner up in Los Cabos Magazine! Cerritos Surf Colony is a neighbor to both the Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel (a majestic mansion hotel located on a private cliff at the shore of the ocean), and the celebrity frequented hot spot Cerritos Beach Club & Surf where you can get surfing lessons, board rental, and great food.Cerritos Surf Colony is a beach front resort of Mayan inspiration and thatched palm roofs. The free standing studio, one, two, and four bedroom villas are solar energy assisted. Enjoy our amazing swimming pool and bar, surf the waves out your back door , climb the Sierra de la Lagunas, explore the artist colony of Todos Santos, or just lay back in your own palm shaded hammock.ATV rental, horseback riding, kayaking, fishing, art gallery walks, hiking Triple Waterfall, Voluntourism, massage, are just some of the things to enjoy here in Baja California. Los Cerritos provides simplicity, tranquility and a break from city life that you have been longing for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Cerritos Surf Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerritos Surf Colony Hotel El Pescadero
- Cerritos Surf Town Mexico/El Pescadero - Todos Santos