All reviews great hosts morecambe bay warm welcome full english fresh fruit visiting the area carnforth station nearby pub lovely accommodation lovely walk b and b cooked to perfection the barn feel very welcome place to stay quiet village two nights
Reviewed June 4, 2018

My only regret is that we only got to spend one night at this wonderful gem of a B and B nestled among lush green fields and stunning views. We broke a stressful journey from London to Glasgow with a stay here and it was the perfect place to unwind. Christine and Paul are fantastic hosts. Our room was just lovely, cosy, large, great views and a little nook with a sofa to relax in. Everybody raves about Paul's rarebit- but do believe the hype- it's delicious!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2018

We were enroute to the Wirral, spans stayed two nights. Great food, just try Pauls Lancashire Rarebit. Mmm! Lovely owners, Paul and Christine. Felt like home from time we arrived. Definitely intend staying again. Very comfortable room with lovely views.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed February 7, 2018

The wife and I stoped over at tithe barn on way back from the sales and boy what an amazing place a beautifully converted barn with lovely views of the morecambe bay . The owner was very welcoming and helpful . The breakfast was first class and of great quality can't wait to go back

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christine M, Owner at Tithe Barn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2018

Thank you so much for your review.We always try our best to make our guests welcome.
hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2017

We decided to book here for a bit of a much needed couple's escape, (me and my partner).

The location is beautiful, it's quite a stroll from Carnforth station, and this suited us just fine as we both quite enjoy walking. Over Kellet is a stunning Lancashire village and the location between Capernwray and Carnforth couldn't be anymore idyllic.

Greeted by Christine and Paul (and their exceptionally well behaved dog Sadie), the welcome was exceptionally friendly and check in prompt, thorough and not even a hint overbearing... They check you in and let you get on with it. Brilliant.

Our room I believe was called The Bay (?). Beautiful, very large, comfortable. Clean. Decorated to a high standard and with a modern bathroom. This is a room I would ask for in future as the dual angle views are just stunning, everywhere you look you can see predominantly green! Bed is exceptionally comfortable.

The garden is lovely, with silkies, hens and ducks roaming around freely (alongside Sadie if you're out at the right time!) There's more than adequate seating for an outside sit and we enjoyed a cigarette in the garden with Paul's permission (which I must apologise for as I've since seen on the website that there is to be no smoking on the grounds, whoops!)

The country walks are awesome. The nearby pub provides an excellent place to eat also. We loved a long stroll along the canal and past the local static holiday sites.

Breakfast was brilliant, attentive, hot, wholly available and cooked to perfection. I don't imagine anything would be too much trouble.

Overall I can probably say I've never stayed anywhere quite so finely tuned, the experience has been nothing but positive. Having recently stayed in a 5* Hotel in Mexico, and having travelled extensively this last few years both inside the UK and globally, I don't think I've yet to find somewhere that compares to Tithe Barn in relation to warm welcome, cleanliness or standard of room or staff/ownership.

We hope to return regular, it's been the best.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christine M, Owner at Tithe Barn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2018

Thank you so much David.It was a real pleasure to have you both stay.
Hopefully see you again.
Kindest Regards-Kris

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Stayed with Paul and Christine at Tithe Barn north of Lancaster. Gorgeous conversion of an old barn with comfortable en-suite bathroom. Host Paul was great and his home-made breakfast was top class. Lovely countryside/small village setting. Do not trust Google maps to show you tbe way! (So coming from the motorway into the village you turn LEFT at the green and the barn is 200m on your right. Google maps send you right!)

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christine M, Owner at Tithe Barn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Thank you so much.Hope to see you again.