“Two Michelin star restaurant”
Review of La Trota

La Trota
Reserve with
La Trota is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Rivodutri
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2016

Been there many times and many times I was surrounded by ambassadors and gourmet people. The experience is probably one of the best in the entire country. The service is, well a two Michelin stars service! Carta dei vini e cantina second to no one. To try: trout sausages

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed June 6, 2015

Wonderfully treated. The set menu with river fish is a must. Service outstanding. Nearby visit Labro a middle age small town only 10 km away.

Date of visit: June 2015
Review collected in partnership with Mytable.it
Reviewed October 30, 2014

I travel a great deal, but can't recall where I have experienced such a disappointing blend of pretense and minimalist servings with such price.

The menu is certainly interestingly innovative, and as such there is creativity there. However, my wife and I - choosing different dishes - could hardly discuss them afterwards: the servings tend towards the miniscule, and whilst definitely helpful for my diet, I expect to have a little to taste, to be able to savour the memories, and to share a morsel with my wife. None was possible, for either of us.

I work hard for my money, and felt that it would be nice if the restaurant had worked a little harder for mine.

The desert menu looked as interesting as the al carte, but after such disappointment in the main courses, we didn't bother with the deserts - which came in at a minimum of about 14 Euros per plate.

The wine list looked interesting, though as an afficionado of Italian wine, I was surprised to see some omissions.

Drove about 2 hours to get to the restraurant, and I know there will be many places - without Michelin stars - where one could eat fine, imaginative food, without having special foot stools brought for the ladies' handbags....

I didn't have a whisky, but I know a bit about single malt whiskies, and in fairness to La Trota, whoever they have buying their whisky knows their stuff, and has assembled an attractive collection which includes a lot of stuff that you don't see too often. That raises the rating by 1 *.

Date of visit: October 2014
4  Thank TheJockDiplomat
Reviewed October 26, 2014

It has been a long time ago since I was at a restaurant with two Michelin stars but it was well worth the money. It is clear that the Trip advisor rating system can't apply to this high category of restaurants so don't compare it with my other ratings. I have added some photo's to give an impression since it is hard to describe the highly creative quality of this restaurant. Special compliments for the very friendly service and not too formal ambience. My favorite was probably the stuffed artichoke which got them a price in 2011, the egg inside that is still liquid is a good combination with the crusty outside. They are renowned for their fresh water fish dishes, as a main dish we had pike from the lake and that was excellent.

Date of visit: October 2014
1  Thank hermans993
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This was by some way the gastronomic highlight of our trip to Lazio and Umbria. There was never any question whether it was worth the 2 hour drive from Perugia. We went for the river and lake fish menu which was imaginative and perfectly executed: carp, trout and pike perch all made an appearance. The highlight though was the dessert: a citrus soup with salted white chocolate parcels containing mango, served with a black olive ice cream: this, we agreed was 3 star quality.

Restaurants of this class often have intimidating wine lists with very little at the affordable end. This was certainly not the case here though there was plenty of opportunity to explore good vintages of famous wines should that take the fancy.

The welcome and service throughout was exceptional. We shall certainly return when we can.

Date of visit: July 2014