All reviews stream running self catering trail ty farm dog swansea weather cottage taxi roomy accommodation
Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the ty cerbyd cottage with our dog, unfortunately our stay was unexpectedly cut short due to an emergency back home.

The time that we spent here was fantastic and very relaxing. The cottage itself was very clean and cosy with everything you would need - a home from home. Our cottage had a stream running in the garden which was very pleasant to see and hear. I would recommend the plas farm walk which we and the dog enjoyed. Take walking boots though as it is a farm and can be muddy at times as you would expect. We also took a trip to the mumbles and had some hot chocolate and ice cream.

It was interesting to read and see the history of the farm too. There are lots of pictures on the wall that told a story and even a name on the wooden beam in the bedroom that holds its own small story.

When we informed Rachael, one of the owners, that we had to head home she came straight over to our cottage to ensure that everything was okay. We advised her that we had a lovely time but had to leave due to a situation out of our control. She was more than understanding and we had a little chat with her about our stay, she was very friendly.

I would recommend this place to anybody looking to have a nice little break away to a peaceful little area of swansea.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank V9060HVlaurenc
Reviewed March 16, 2017

Amazing stay in the countryside. The cottage was comfortable, homely, and kept to a very high standard.
I had a small back garden with a river running next to it. There was two bedrooms and the main bedroom was so nice with a skylight and a small cottage style window on the ground.
There was complimentary tea and coffee and sugar. Also, it had a washing machine, dishwasher, and cooker and kettle.
The sitting area was very comfortable.
It rained for most of my stay here, but that didn't dampen the stay at all. The owner is very welcoming and will provide any help she can.
There is also a nice walk behind the farm itself. You do need a car to drive into pontardawe. I had a friend living in the area to drive me around luckily. I hope to return here one day.

Room tip: If staying on a Sunday, make sure you get food from the supermarkets by 4pm. Stores close at this time.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
walescottages, Owner at Swansea Valley Holiday Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2017

It was a pleasure meeting you both and we look forward to welcoming you again in future.

Reviewed March 13, 2017

Wonderful cottage set around three other cottages, peaceful, relaxing, dogs and child friendly and fabulous rural walks. The perfect place to get away from it all. Cottage was well equipped with all mod cons and owners could not be nicer, the most obliging hosts I have ever met.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
walescottages, Manager at Swansea Valley Holiday Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Hi both, It was a pleasure to meet you and so glad you enjoyed your stay at the farm. The trails are lovely at the moment - with the daffodils in full bloom and Spring in the air.

Reviewed October 16, 2016

We stayed for one night this weekend, very pleased we were able to book a single night. The cottage was warm, clean and welcoming when we arrived. The guide book is something to behold, about the most comprehensive guide I have ever seen!! The owners were friendly and extremely helpful. All in all, a great place to stay, highly recommended.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2016

Enjoyed a long weekend in a Lovely character cottage which was cozy and comfortable ,set besides a babbling stream, very peaceful and relaxing. Cottage was dog friendly and you are free to explore the acres of farmland. Lots of history attached to the farm, with the best guide of places to visit eat etc that I have ever come across, something for everyone was included.

Room tip: Two of the cottages back onto the stream
Date of stay: September 2016