“Contemporay and spotlessly clean”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Slade Barn Gower

Front parking
Front lawn and decked area Level lawn and decking enclosed by stock proof fencing.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Front parking
Front lawn and decked area
Level lawn and decking enclosed by stock proof fencing.
Master bedroom
Master bedroom showing en suite
Seating area viewed from kitchen
Seating area towards kitchen
Three cliffs bay 10 minutes drive from cottage
Slade sands 5 minutes walk from cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
trapar
Hamps
“Contemporay and spotlessly clean”
Reviewed October 4, 2011 for a stay in October 2011

Really great property with lots of mod cons and great location near the beach . Very enjoyable and relaxing stay

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Fab Bathrooms and the nearby beach
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
3 Oct 2011
Dear Tracey
Thanks very much for your nice comments ! all the best,,Martin
smarite
Cambridge, Ontario
“Perfect”
Reviewed September 28, 2011 for a stay in September 2011

My husband and two friends spent 3 terrific days at the Slade Barn. Absolutely fab!!! Very comfortable accommodation. Spotlessly clean and modern. Martin was a wonderful host. Looking forward to another visit.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: attention to detail. Everything was new and clean
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: With Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
27 Sep 2011
Thank you so much for your comments. Very happy you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Abs554
Storrington, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Place”
Reviewed June 20, 2011 for a stay in June 2011

What a fantastic place! My husband and I booked Slade Barn last minute, for us and our little dog for a little getaway. It turned out to be exactly what we needed. The barn has been excellently converted to a high standard and everything seems to have been carefully thought through. Along with the friendly welcome, its the little extras that make Slade barn special, such as the welcome provisions, personalised compendium and wealth of books, maps and games to entertain you when the weather is not so great. The location is also fantastic, being just a few minutes walk from a dog friendly beach and some stunning Gower coastline. Overall, Slade Barn is a great place to relax in luxury!

My forgotten pj's even beat me home

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers
StephenNo...
Nottingham
“The Perfect Birthday Surprise”
Reviewed May 16, 2011 for a stay in May 2011

For my 60th birthday, my wife, two sons and daughters-in-law, and little granddaughter took me for two nights away for a surprise weekend break. I had no idea where we were going to although, when we got to Cardiff, began to suspect that it may be in Wales. From Swansea through Gower and finally along a narrow country lane we arrived at literally where the road ended, at Slade Barn.
From the moment we opened the gate, (initially the wrong way!), everything went to perfection. The accommodation is modern, stylish and wants for nothing in facilities but it was the little finishing touches that were so welcoming - fresh bread in the kitchen, a bottle of wine and Welshcakes (no, we'd never heard of these either).
Outside is a lawned garden with table and chairs overlooking the sea - perfect for a drink and for "chilling out".
The beach is a pleasant meander down the lane opposite and although we didn't have the time to do so, there are many good and varied coastal and moorland walks in the area.
Given that our ages ranged from 2 years, through to 20's, 30's, 50's (and 60), and the fact that we all agreed that we would like to come back, you can say that Slade Farm appeals to all ages.
The weather was warm, but we lit the log burner (just because we wanted to) - it was good, but after a while it went out. I mentioned it to Martin, who asked me if I'd used the air vent. I smiled and said: "Ahh. Air vent". So no doubt now, for the benefit of stupid townies like me, there will be a note about this in the book. Clearly, if you don't understand anything, just ask Martin.
Our only regret was that we couldn't stay longer.

Travelling group: Extended Family

Brighton
Reviewed March 21, 2011 for a stay in August 2010

Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing