“Cosy place”

Vasco
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Fanore
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Great location. Interesting menu selection, the food was very tasty. The staff was very friendly. Will be returning.

Reviewed September 29, 2017

I was staying for two weeks just up the road from Vasco in Fanor, and it was the end of season so they were only open on Saturdays and Sundays. It was gray, blustery, rainy day. Vasco's atmosphere is inviting and there was a fire in the double facing fire place. The menu was varied and delightful. I had the lamb stew flavored with Middle Eastern spices with couscous. It was superb. Vasco also offers a very nice wine selection as well as home created teas. I was really impressed. The service was quite good considering it was a staff one. Vasco also has artwork by local artists displayed and for sale which added to the charm of the place. They are closed now for the winter months, but it is well worth a visit.

1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

We were staying in the apartment above this restaurant and noticed the many Michelin and Trip Advisor stickers in the window; the sample menu also looked enticing. But at this time of the year (September), the restaurant is only open 11:30 to 4:30 on weekends, so we made time to try lunch there one day.

Very glad we did. My main course (goat cutlets) was delicious, with the cutlets being perfectly cooked and served with a generous and tasty salad and sweet potato fries. My wife had the risotto, which was incredibly flavoursome. Both dishes were very well presented. There were loads of other things on the menu I would have liked to try, but we were only after a light lunch and so it will have to be another time.

The ambience is very nice, with a log/peat burner keeping the place nice and toasty, although I imagine the terrace would be lovely on a warmer day. Prices were reasonable (around €65 for a two-course lunch for two, including beer & wine), and service was warm and friendly. Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.

1  Thank BarraFan
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

On our way to the Cliffs of Mohair, we made a stop in Fanore area, originally to go in a colorful pub nearby. We end up by chance in Vasco which our best meal in Ireland so far (in this price range). All meals are fresh and handmade. Soups are delicious. You have a choice of vegetarian food or dishes with meat. Service and staff are very welcoming. It would be a shame not to stop by Vasco on the road of the Cliffs of Mohair. Enjoy !

1  Thank Vincent P
Reviewed August 8, 2017

We stopped here on our coast road drive around the Burren mid-afternoon for a snack. The cakes and pies were absolutely amazing! My berry sponge was unlike anything I had ever had before. Friendly staff. Menu looked amazing as well--would love to come back for full meal.

2  Thank ChristineK3425