“Great Restaurant”

Ranked #1 of 100 Restaurants in Southall
Price range: US$1 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Have a little taster we captivate the eyes of visitor at very 1st glance. We created the desired authentic look, every aspect of the decor contributes to the look of rural India( PIND). The whole atmosphere has been given a traditional look here in heart of London(southall). This wonderful atmosphere & The surrounding is ambiance to appease your aesthetic sense. R.P.D.Will always remain in the hearts of those who are set to experience the true definition of the Punjabi taste, come in & feel a step closer to Ur Roots. SOME MAY CALL IT HOME AWAY FROM HOME.
Reviewed September 17, 2017

We visited this restaurant for my sister's birthday. It was quite late and very busy, but the staff still made sure to make us feel welcome and happily sat down.

The food itself was good, although I must admit I think I had the wrong dish (I went for medium heat when I should have gone for hot as it was a bit less tasty than I'd hoped), as the rest of my family adored their food. Considering the price, it was really good. The fresh, soft naans that melted in the mouth definitely deserve a shout-out. We ordered garlic naans and they arrived topped with butter, chunks of garlic and chilli.

We were then surprised by a bhangra lesson, given to the others who were there for their birthdays too. This got the whole resaurant involved and everyone had a lot of fun, as well as given a traditional Indian sweet which was very nice.

The atmosphere was excellent and the decor homely and authentic. I think the only thing that could be improved would be the speed of service and perhaps more fresh tasting food products, but these were hard negatives to point out because it was such a great evening.

I can completely understand why it has been received so well by everyone on here.

2  Thank JamesHanksy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Recently visited London and there went to Raunka Punjab Diyan, Had a very good time there. Must say best Butter Chicken, Garlic Paratha and kebabs. Definetely going again. Totally recommend.

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

I went to this restaurant last night. To say that the food and the whole dining experience was absolutely amazing would be an understatement!

The food was delicious and flavorsome. It was served quickly by a polite and courteous waiter.

I've read the 'review' from the disgruntled 'Law enforcement' person. Quite clearly if he was in law enforcement he would be happy to abide by any conditions set by the owner of the restaurant. And if he is in law enforcement does that give him and his crowd special dispensation over other people? No!

This is a restaurant that is busy with family parties not large groups of males whoever they are.

This is an authentic Indian restaurant, with amazing food, where families and couples can enjoy a wonderful evening.

I wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Nigel C
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

First visit - highly recommended. Food and service was fantastic. Friendly staff and a great price. Best Indian food I've tasted.

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

We are a small group of law enforcement officers who, due to our shift work patterns, can only arrange one get together every month.
After reading the overly positive reviews on TripAdvisor, we decided to give this restaurant a go after considerable discussion. A few of us arrived at 6.30pm and were rudely told that we were not even allowed in as the staff were yet to arrive. We waited a short while and saw the minimal staff saunter in at their own pace, totally ignoring the waiting diners.
Our group of 8 all arrived and tried to make out way in and were physically blocked by a rather curt looking woman who only pointed at a small printed paper taped to the window. The paper stated, amongst other rules that "no more that 4 boys!".
Now let's look at this, there was 8 of us, ranging in age from 26 to mid 50s. We are by no description "boys". We explained this and received nothing but blank stares in return. 2 of the elder members of our group tried to reason with her and explain we were just a group of work friends coming for dinner after reading such glowing reviews.
The woman caller the manager who just pointed at the sign and swaggered off like he didn't need our business.

I would have loved to review the food and the much hyped ambience but the manager didn't even let us in because of his asinine rules and complete disregard for good customer service.

Also another poorly printed sign (our manager friend has a penchant for such things) stated that "no cards, cash only". I'm sure the good "boys" at the HMRC would be very interested. Let's just hope that less than 4 of them come as the bouncer won't let them in otherwise.

Also at the time we were intending to dine there, they had no other customers.

We ended up going to Punjabi Karahi in Hounslow which is a superb restaurant with quality "home style" Punjabi food, a fantastic mixed grill and a massive waiter who looks like he works the doors but who's customer service is impeccable.

So, in conclusion, if you're a group of friends who wish to enjoy a nice Punjabi meal, go somewhere else, because you simply won't be allowed in.

6  Thank Jaspal M