“Best holiday for years”
other travellers have booked this property
chalet exterior dining table
bathroom
electric shower over bath
front door
view from the chalet
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Kieran O
“Best holiday for years”
Reviewed July 21, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

This chalet has been the best place we have stayed in for many years. My wife and 2 teenage kids loved every minute of our time in the chalet. We usually go for a caravan until we seen this and could not believe the price, so we went for it. Talk about luck. My wife describes it as a mini bungalow, so clean & just like a home from home. Easy communication with Blyth the owner and no real reason to contact her while we were there (No need to freak out about no grater lol). I could go on for ages and all good things but I think you get the point.. Do Not Hesitate to book this chalet believe me you will be very pleasantly surprised. James ,Karlyn , Kieran & Kaitlyn.

PS: Great Yarmouth is a great holday resort if you can drag yourself away from the chalet !

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Home from home feeling
Liked least: Nothing to declare.
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
24 Jul 2015
Definitely the best review I've had yet! Thank you so much. You are welcome any time!
Hayley24...
Kettering, United Kingdom
“The perfect "Staycation"”
Reviewed July 8, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We have just returned from a wonderful weekend at Blyth's chalet and would happily return tomorrow if we could! It was beautifully clean, warm and well equipped, we couldn't have asked for anything more!
The chalet faces onto a grassy area so was perfect for the children to play safely, the site facilities were only a 2-3 minute walk away but far enough away that we were not disturbed by them. The chip shop was perfect for the first night and we had a meal at the pub along the beach path on the Saturday which was delicious!
The lovely clean sand and pebble beach is a short pleasant walk and perfectly manageable with a pushchair.
The perfect "staycation"

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The great location
Liked least: Not applicable!
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Families with young children
14 Jul 2015
thank you so much for your lovely review. Feedback really helps me to know if I'm getting it right for my guests. I look forward to welcoming you again.:)
oxforduk
Hayling Island UK
“Lovely family Easter break”
Reviewed April 6, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

The chalet was exactly as described and suited our family of 3 perfectly. It was very clean and comfortable and had lots of extra bits like books, games, condiments etc to make for a pleasant stay. The grass area outside was perfect for kids and was very peaceful. We will definitely return.

Travelling group: Young Children
14 May 2015
What a lovely review, thank you so much, it really helps when people give feedback. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you again.
morefolly
London, United Kingdom
“fantastic”
Reviewed November 2, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

lovely site .the chalet was clean and welcoming and the owner was very kind and helpful. there was everything needed in the chalet and on site and off site..The beach is only a 5 minute walk away and my granddaughters loved collecting different kinds of pebbles. will be back next year

Liked best: the ameneties
Liked least: no ventilation in the bathroom
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Families with young children Large groups
14 May 2015
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for taking the trouble to review it. I hope to welcome you again.
Susan K
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Don't believe everything you read on Trip Advisor”
Reviewed September 1, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

The chalet was clean enough and well-equipped,apart from no grater! The double bed is creaky and the taps in the kitchen still drip, despite being mentioned several weeks prior to our stay. The key hook fell off the wall the first time we hung the keys on it. The site itself is quiet but the amenities are not very good. The shop on site was not very well stocked, not much choice at all. The swimming pool was OK but would not have paid for it. We did not go to the Oasis so cannot comment on that. One of the most disappointing things was the access to the beach. It was a very steep slope leading to steps down to the beach. Had we known that we would not have booked as it is not accessible. The beach itself looked very rocky and shingly. The size of the chalet was OK for 4 but I would not like to be one of a party of 7 staying there; the seating is only for 4, 5 at a push. Scratby is a good base for surrounding areas and attractions, though a car would be a necessity.

Liked best: Norwich!
Liked least: Inaccessibility of the beach
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
20 Sep 2014
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the chalet. I take my guest's holidays very seriously and do my very best to ensure they have everything they need when they stay. Guests always have my mobile and home numbers and can call me if there is anything they need. I would have been more than happy to pop over with a grater, new key hook and plumber for the taps if only you had told me. The taps had been checked after the previous mention and seemed fine. I am usually very happy to receive feedback from guests that can help me to improve the chalet however I was most upset by your review title which implies that I have misleading information about the chalet and location on my site. To address your comments firstly may I point out that I am very clear and honest about the chalet and area it is in. I state very clearly what the sleeping arrangements are and are very common for this type of chalet. I also say in my description that for larger groups there are two padded outdoor chairs that can be used as additional seating. Usually if more than 4 people want to book the chalet it will include children and if more than 4 adults want to book I make very clear to them that there is a sofa bed and bunk bed. I am confused regarding your comments on the beach; it is used by most able bodied people and families with buggies and beach chairs etc manage the slope and stairs to the beach with no problem. I do not say that the chalet is suitable for people with mobility problems and if a guest is less than able then it is only fair to let me know and I could inform them of this fact. About the beach: there are indeed boulders at the base of the cliff which are placed there as defence against erosion and although there is a bit of shingle it is mainly sandy and generally regarded as a decent beach. Finally about the bed; sorry the bottom double bunk is a bit squeaky, I'll have a look at what can be done about it. After an overwhelmingly positive response from guests I do believe that my chalet offers good value for money. I hope you find something more suitable for you on your next holiday.
Bubblebev
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great chalet with all you need. Great site with lots of facilities”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

The chalet was clean and very well equipped with all we needed. Beds were comfy. Space well laid out. The site itself is also really good. Chalet is far enough from the amusements and facilities not to be disturbed by them. Onsite restaurants good (and used by locals too) and variety of facilities and entertainment has something for everyone. Local beach in easy walking distance. Also great as a base to visit Norfolk. The only thing that could be improved would be more or slightly bigger parking areas on the site.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Well equipped - even had toilet rolls and washing up liquid!
Liked least: Coin meter for electricity
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
19 Sep 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and I am very glad you enjoyed your stay.
Clare H
“Amazing”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We had a lovely time at the chalet, it was lovely and clean and was in a great spot. Lovely walk to the beach, there were great places to eat near by. The pool on site was great too. All round was a great place. Would recommend everyone to book with these. We will defo be returning. Thanks very much Clare holding.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
22 Jul 2014
What a lovely review, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you again
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing