“Romantic intimate little Italian restaurant snuggled away in St. Maarten”
Review of Al Dente

Al Dente
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Cul de Sac
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant Italien authentique ferme et climatise avec espace fumeur en terrasse. Des plats prepares traditionnellement a des prix attractifs. Une decoration originale avec une belle cave a vin. Ouvert tous les jours sauf le dimanche toute la journee et le lundi midi. Nous vous accueillons de midi a 14h30 et de 18h30 a 22h30.
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

This little Italian restaurant hidden away on the french side of St. Maarten impressed me as soon as I got inside. Beautifully decorated with pictures of different celebrities on the wall, very comfortable inside as the air conditioner was on point, and the food, DELICIOUS!

Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

We drove past this restaurant multiple times before we looked it up on TripAdvisor. From the road you cannot tell what a beautiful little restaurant this is and you might not think to stop. We are so happy we did. The food is fantastic. This is easily our most favourite restaurant on the island. We loved it so much we visited twice. The pasta is fresh, the flavours are amazing. The owner is friendly and makes you feel very welcome. And the tiramisu - the best we've ever had! You will not be disappointed. It's about 25 minutes from Phillipsburg and 10 minutes from Marigot.

Reviewed July 28, 2017

We went with our family for super one night. Seated right away and experienced their friendliness and wonderful atmosphere. Food was good. Salad/appetizers were very good. Pastas were good - basic pasta dishes were basic. The special pasta plates were very good. Overall a good choice.

Reviewed July 28, 2017

We stopped in for dinner on our first night in St. Martin. As we walked into a mostly empty restaurant we were asked if we had a reservation. They made it seem like an inconvenience to find us a table. As the night proceeded the restaurant half filled while we were seated in the empty half. The food was good but not excellent. The biggest disappointment was the canned button mushrooms being served instead of fresh. The bruschetta was OK but loaded with the canned mushrooms. The waiter acted like it was a problem to replace the olives with mushrooms on my wife's pizza. Again the pizza was loaded with inedible canned mushrooms. My lasagna was very good and my son liked his cheese pizza. All in all a decent meal in a nice location ruined by canned mushrooms and a waiter with an attitude.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed July 24, 2017

I must have passed this place a hundred times during my trips to St Martin and each time I thought it was just another pizza joint. I was informed of my incorrect impression by a fellow guest of the resort where we were staying. My wife and I then visited and were very pleased with the food, service, and value. The calamari appetizer was perfect. Both of our entrees were likewise very well prepared and presented. The owner made several person visits to our table and even brought our wine orders and the complementary limoncello. Don't let the pizza sign fool you! Highly recommend.

1  Thank James B